Learning to love yourself

Options
Post-bad breakup all I want to focus on is learning to love myself again. For the first time in many years, I want to focus on myself instead of someone else. Looking for Mfp friends who want support and motivation for the same thing! Let's love ourselves together :smile:

Replies

• orexplorations
    orexplorations Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am in the same boat. Really up to nurturing myself instead of using food to cover all areas in my life where I am unhappy. I have used this App in the past but it felt oppressive. I plan on use it now as a reminder of my agreement/commitment to myself. I want to lose 30 lbs. till September. What about you?
  • katie_ann11
    katie_ann11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! That sounds like an amazing goal and I love the idea of using the app for motivation rather than oppression or shaming yourself. My goal is to drop 15 pounds by the end of the summer, so around September as well. I've lost about 4/5 (I go back and forth) so far but I feel like I'm on more of a steady decline now rather than fast, which for the first time I'm ok with! I just want to be in the best shape I can and truly love myself rather than point out all my own flaws
  • maplesyrup10
    maplesyrup10 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I need to look at MFP as motivation, not opression too! Love it! My goal is to be 139 by my birthday (end of August). That's about 18lbs. Good luck on your journey :)
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Just look at the end of that chapter as the beginning of your new life where you'll get fit, look good, feel great and soar to new heights.
    Godspeed in your journey <3
  • katie_ann11
    katie_ann11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! :) Good luck in all your journey's as well! I wish you nothing but the best!
  • synostosis
    synostosis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Love the theme of this thread. I'm looking to lose about 5 lbs and just get back into shape. I've let too much of what's going on 'out there' sidetrack me from my fitness/health principles and routine! Loving myself more is #1 priority right now! and getting back into my routine! Friend me :)
  • tdeaux
    tdeaux Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Love this goal! My fitness goals were finally met once I started loving me and my body. Last year I read Madly in Love with ME and Reform Your Inner Mean Girl. Both were SO helpful.