New to mfp!

Options
Hi all,

I'm new to this and wondering if people can offer advice. I am 16st ish (227 pounds to Americans) and have to lose weight for my health and personal wellbeing. My weight has piled on following eating junk food, drive thru rubbish and chocolate as I eat when I feel stressed and worried. Not that it excuses this, however. If anyone can offer any tips to get started I would appreciate it

Replies

• anne_driessen
    anne_driessen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well everyones journey is different, and what works for me may not work for you, but for me meal planning is my saviour, its really important you understand your moments (when are you hungry? When do you get cravings?) And prepare accordingly, maybe find healthy alternatives (like make hamburgers at home, and instead of bread wrap them in lettuce - but you ofcourse can still your bread if it fits in with your calories for the day)
    I think its also important not to expect too much of yourself, from reading your message I can relate to what your saying about stress/worry/emotional eating, and that is a habit that you cant just switch off over night, Ive been on this journey for a year and a half and I still have my moments where everything gets too much.