Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New to vegan!

Hellooo,

I've just joined back up to MFP, and have recently taken the step to become vegan.

It would be great to meet people on a similar journey to myself!

I'm originally from Wales but have recently moved to England, 26 years old, and looking to improve my health and fitness!

Replies

• diamondking15
    diamondking15 Posts: 5 Member
    There are are many types of vegan, which one are you trying?
  • usmc01462
    usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I have tried this a few times.. It is hard being a diabetic and on blood thinners cant do high carbs and cant do alot of green veggies.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    There are are many types of vegan, which one are you trying?

I thought the only type of vegan was... vegan? No animal products? If you eat any animal products, you aren't vegan.

OP, I'm a happy omnivore, but good luck!
  • Gaz_Palmer
    Gaz_Palmer Posts: 34 Member
    There are are many types of vegan,...

I dont think so.
    (The true meaning of) Vegan means you dont exploit animals. A side effect of this, of course, is that you dont consume any animal products.

Anything else is just a 'plant based diet' or vegetarianism or whatever trendy diet you like ;)
  • Hey girl, I've also recently started mfp again and started the vegan lifestyle the first of jan, it's been sooo great!

I don't have much that I want to loose but hopefully tracking and getting back into a consistent gym routine will kick it in gear!

Best of luck in your journey!
  • Nicolalala_89
    Nicolalala_89 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks guys! Um type of vegan? If you mean what kind of diet style then I was trying out 80/10/10. But yeah no animals or animals products :)
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    You'll have better luck in the groups... I suggest this one.. it's the more active vegan/plant based diet group.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores