My anxiety is decreasing my appetite..help please

I just recently broke up with my boyfriend and I'm feeling pretty crappy. But my main concern is maintaining my health and I'm afraid of under eating.. Is there anything that helps you guys to eat?

Replies

• lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    you do not have to under or over eat. still count your calories for your goal ... what ever it may be. eat foods you like
  • Lisa_Ookoo
    Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
    I know it's hard, but hang in there. Try to do things you enjoy, stay connected with friends and family, get enough sleep and exercise. You're going to be okay
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Sleep and exercise. I hear weed works too.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    If it's temporary, don't worry about it. Trying to eat more may just stress you out more. Eat good foods, as much as you feel like, and take care of yourself, exercise can help mood, but for grief, there is no way out but through. You have to feel it in order to get over it.

When I was losing weight and needed to add calories, I'd buy each week a box of triscuits and package of hummus, and eat those IN ADDITION to meals, and this worked to keep the weight steady, but I don't think they added that much nutrition, in terms of vitamins and stuff, and I think if you just keep to healthy foods, you will be ok.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Do not settle for treating yourself without respect. You have worked too hard to backslide now.

Losing weight isn't the key to happiness, happiness is the key to losing (or maintaining) weight.

a poem for you:

HEALTHY BODY ME
    STRONG ME
    EASY TO LAUGH ME
    UNQUENCHABLE SPIRIT ME
    ADVENTUROUS ME
    CONFIDENT ME
    LIFE GRABBING ME
    HAPPY ME
    ME
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Are you logging your food now?

If so, just keep doing that, and add in calorie-dense stuff if you're falling way short of your goal. Nuts and nut butters are great ways to add in more calories, and they're yummy, too.

Pick up a jar of Nutella or peanut butter. You could eat it straight from the jar if you wanted, though I prefer them on waffles or crackers.

Take care of yourself and be kind to yourself. Keep a decent stock of things you find yummy.

Best wishes :flowerforyou:

~Lyssa
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    edited April 2016
    I had to start working with a therapist. The same thing happened and was assaulted a few weeks afterwards.

I was just so anxious And got panic attacks. If you don't feel better in a few weeks and go get your anxiety treated! Medications didn't work for me which is why I see a therapist now!