Need Help With Exercising

Options
Megan101792
Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
So, I've hurt my sciatic nerve more than once, and currently, my leg goes numb down to my knee when I work out. It makes it hard to do things and I'm no baby, but if anyone knows, it hurts. I need more ideas for exercising where it doesn't hurt. Please don't mention yoga. Yoga and me don't get along and I do swim, which helps, but it's hard to get free time at the pool. Thanks

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    What about the balance ball? I remember people who had sciatic nerve issues using them a lot in physical therapy.
  • bluenoserinbc
    Options
    Stretching! After workouts lighten up on legs and choose less impact cardio like elliptical
  • Megan101792
    Options
    I use the balance ball but it's getting a little boring and you are kind of limited on what you can do. I like being outside, especially when it's nice weather. Thank you.
  • Megan101792
    Options
    Stretching! After workouts lighten up on legs and choose less impact cardio like elliptical
    I do stretch and do light impact. I just to need spice up my exercise routine. It's getting boring and I am less motivated when in pain
  • bluenoserinbc
    Options
    I do 1 light leg day at gym focus only on exercises where I have support no squats as tends to aggravate focus on upper body