Reassessing calorie goals?

Options
Just wondering how often people reassess their calories. Do you do it by pounds list or how you are feeling?

I ask because I have made a lot of changes since I started MFP. I went from no exercise to going to gym 4X a week with a mix of cardio and strength and have lost a fair amount of weight here are stats
SW176
CW 158.8
H 5'2
I put myself at lightly active due to my job I'm on my feet and up and down stairs a lot of the day

MFP set initial calorie goal at 1280 which some days I struggle to get to and others it doesn't feel like enough (eating basically the same thing) I am accurately weighing all foods and have been losing steadily at about 1.7-2.3 pounds a week without eating back exercise calories

I know that at a certain point the 2lbs a week isn't healthy so wondering at which points people reassess their calorie and weight loss goals

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I recently reassessed after 3 months. I was also set at 1280 when I first started, SW181 H 5'6", currently at 159.
    I didn't have a problem with 1280 but found that I was losing more quickly than I had wanted, even with eating back 50% or more of my exercise calories. So I recalculated for 1/2 lb week to see if that would make a difference. Now at 1510 per day.
    I know the whole point is to lose, but I don't want to lose too quickly, worried about the impact on my health and keeping it off long term.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I do it every 4 weeks/28 days, not every month because those # of days, aren't a consistent amount; per month. I began this journey April 01st, so my reassessment'll be April 29th!