Low carb vegetarian

Hi! I have recently cut out meat, but now I feel like I am eating way too many carbs and not enough protein. Any ideas? I can only eat so many eggs and tofu a day lol

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Do you eat beans? Lentils? Quinoa?
    Google: High protein vegetarian foods.
    I am high "good" carbs and losing weight.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Vegetarians eat carbs with their protein: beans, chic peas, lentils, almonds, kale, broccoli, milk, cheese, almonds, chia seeds.
  • Lisa_Ookoo
    Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
    Nonfat Greek yogurt is my go-to food if I get to the end of the day and find I haven't had enough protein. A 6 ounce container has 18 grams of protein and 100 calories. If I also want more carbs and/or fat, I'll mix in some fruit or peanut butter.
  • PaigeInTechnicolor
    PaigeInTechnicolor Posts: 164 Member
    Tempeh, seitan, nuts, yogurt, cheese, milk, quinoa, beans, beans, beans, beans... textured vegetable protein, nutritional yeast is wonderful on most savory things.
  • Pollywog_la
    Pollywog_la Posts: 103 Member
    Good place to get more info if you are trying to reduce carbs while being vegetarian:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/vegetarianketo
  • bekgirl5
    bekgirl5 Posts: 15 Member
    What about some whey protein smoothies? I'm also a vegetarian, and doing keto, and I've made some tasty protein shakes that help me out. A scoop or two of Gold Standard whey protein (milk chocolate flavor), half a cup or so of unsweetened almond milk, a splash of heavy cream, a sprinkle of stevia and ice cubes in the blender. Seriously tastes like a Wendy's frosty to me. So good.

Also, are you a fan of different types of eggs? I was experiencing egg burnout for awhile, then dived into egg salad. Super tasty on celery, or on a low-carb mission wrap.
  • HopeWoffrd
    HopeWoffrd Posts: 6 Member
    That does sound tasty! I do drink smoothies pretty often and that's where I allow myself the majority of my carbs! Also love the egg idea!