trying again

Options
Hello, I'm 54 and have been back and forward to fitness pal and been into a few others, have never done the my friends thing, not sure how to ! So now because I have to take this seriously and not be falling off the wagon, I'm looking for friends who can motivate me, share the pain lol!! I think I need to update my profile as well, last time I was here I was 22lb lighter...depressing???!! I'm not a gymn person more walk the dogs and do housework for excercise, I'm married and have 3 grandchildren and my downfall is anything with sugar in it, I'm full of good intentions but have very little staying power... but that's about to change, look out I shall be like Kate Moss in no time.

Replies

• pickgo
    pickgo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Katetobe!
    I'm <cough cough> over 50 too. And, yes, I was 11lbs lighter just after Christmas! How that happened I don't know.
    Anyway I need to lose LOADS but will start with a goal of losing 2 stone because at that weight I don't suffer any achey knees, double chin etc and I've got clothes that fit comfortably. So my goal is to lose 2 stone by July and 9lbs by the end of this month.
    I too hate the gym but love walking, cycling, swimming, gardening and don't mind doing an exercise dvd at home.
    I have 4 grandchildren. I am pretty good once I get going - I was a size 10, 10 years ago after losing about 4 stone but have slowly put it all back on and off and on and then some. Sooo annoyed with myself.
    So I will check in everyday and would like someone to report to and will try to motivate you too!
    Shall invite you as a friend.
    We CAN do this
    Pickgo