Protein shakes brands and flavors?

Options
2»

Replies

• erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I actually just got into protein shakes. I really didn't like the flavor of them. But, anything cookies and cream flavored from GNC brand is actually quite good! Mixed with milk and it actually tastes like a treat with just a hint of protein shake aftertaste.

I still haven't found one that is good mixed with water, though. If I don't have enough calories for milk, I just chug the thing.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I like Orgain Chocolate protein powder. It's plant based (I'm lactose intolerant), and you can get it for a pretty good price on Amazon or in Costco. I only use about half of the recommended scoops (one instead of two) and I can stretch out a container for about 2 months.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I like Orgain Chocolate protein powder. It's plant based (I'm lactose intolerant), and you can get it for a pretty good price on Amazon or in Costco. I only use about half of the recommended scoops (one instead of two) and I can stretch out a container for about 2 months.

@Btheodore138 I was thinking of trying the Orgain chocolate. That's another thing that is on a Coupon at costco right now. It's 2 3/4 pounds for 23.99. So you like it a lot? Maybe I should try it.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I actually like the plain multipurpose powder from Quest. It doesn't have the weird aftertaste of some protein powders, probably because it's unflavored, and when I make shakes with it I can better control the sweetness. Typically I just mix it with soymilk in the AM, sometimes I toss a bit of vanilla extract, honey, or chocolate syrup in for flavor. A cup of soymilk+protein powder and 2 hard boiled eggs carries my to lunch easily.
  • deadlifts_and_lipstick
    Options
    For a protein shake, I get Progenex in ANY flavor! Seriously, they're all good!

Meal replacement:
    GNC's Lean 25 in Chocolate Peanut Butter! Omg, I mix it with 8oz of Dark Chocolate Almond Milk, 1 banana, 1 Tbs PB, 2 scoops of the powder and 5 ice cubes!
    It seriously tastes like a chocolate peanut butter shake! I've been buying them for about a year now, and I have one every day for either breakfast or lunch ;)
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    @melissa6771 Yeah, the chocolate one is pretty good. The vanilla...not so much. I usually blend one scoop with a frozen banana and some almond milk a couple hours before a workout for energy. I think it's delicious.
  • jonwarr
    jonwarr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use MyProtein and have salted caramel and vanilla flavours. It's not the highest in protein pet scoop at 20g but that's outweighed by the cost compared to other higher protein brands.

They taste awesome, I'm fairly addicted to the salted caramel one!

If you go on their website they often have some really good deals on. My last order worked out £10 per kilo pouch of whey powder.
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I like orgain it's all organic no gmos no chemicals no soy vegan 150 cals for like 21 grams of protein