packaged/canned items that dont match grams

Options
fishshark
fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
While my husband is in Scotland/Italy ive been eating pretty minimally and boring because its actually a vacation from not cooking 3 meals a day. So for lunch i had a can of amys lentil vegetable soup. there are 2 servings in a can at 225 grams a piece. The whole can should be "about" 450 grams but my can was 375. Thats a pretty big difference. What other items do you find doesnt really match?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Yeah pretty much all canned stuff, and soups (even the made in store kind).
  • fishshark
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Yeah pretty much all canned stuff, and soups (even the made in store kind).

i literally have never even checked ha. room for ice cream now though.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    The one that drives me nuts is canned beans. It took me forever to figure out if the weight counted the liquid or not... lol.
  • fishshark
    Options
    i guess i assumed there was more quality control with packaged / canned stuff
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    i guess i assumed there was more quality control with packaged / canned stuff

I think they can be off by a certain amount...? And likely, you'll get more because if you get less, people would complain.

I might be making that up, but I think I've heard that.
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My Kind, Nature Valley, Fiber One, etc. bars are all off. Usually +/- 5 grams at the most. Though I had a Kind Bar that was supposed to be 35 grams weigh in at 61 grams a couple weeks ago. Was like getting a free bar, but cost me on calories later in the day. I weigh all my pre-packaged food.