Struggling :(

Hi

This is the third time I have joined MyFitnessPal and I am really struggling to keep within the 1500 calories, I am eating healthy things but the calories seem to mount up.

Anybody got any good suggestions or ideas?

Thank you
Alison

Replies

• SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    What helped me was do 2000 cals and then just walk for a bit. Then after some time I went down to having a deficit of 250 cals. and that worked out. so now I am at having a deficit of 500 cals. I do eat back my cals tho. I dont go hungry. Also If I want to eat cake after dinner I make sure that I work extra hard for that piece of cake.
  • clutter78
    clutter78 Posts: 6 Member
    Eat stuff with fat and protein in it and cut down on refined carbs. The F&P will leave you feeling less hungry for longer. I always buy pre packaged stuff so i know how much is in each item without the bother of weighing all the time (I do weigh fruit though) so string cheese & tofu hot dogs are my main foods. Good luck x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Pre log in the morning or the night before, then you won't get to the end of the day and realise you have eaten too much.
  • JNOwens
    JNOwens Posts: 8 Member
    I agree! I'm shocked by how many calories are in some of my favorite foods that I used to think were super healthy! I started walking to school which takes about 45 mins round trip. That gives me a little room on my calories and some fresh air. Other than that I had to cut out using oil in my cooking. It was shocking how much a little extra virgin olive oil adds to the calorie count. Hope it helps :)
  • missyrawien
    missyrawien Posts: 37 Member
    Dieting can be really tough! Try to bulk out each meal with fruit and vegetables, they're full of water so they'll be low on calorie but they make your plate look fuller and you feel like you've had a lot more to eat. Try to stuff your lunch sandwich with lots of lettuce and have a fruit salad and have a big portion of broccoli with dinner. Also meals that are full of protein will make you feel fuller so try to switch out the carby stuff for meat and fish if you can.

Good low calorie options for when you're desperate for something to eat or snack on are things like soups, full of veggie goodness and quite filling but low on calories if you make it your self! Also if you've got a sweet tooth maybe try some fruit jelly's which are easily under 100 calories, some under 50! Or a small bowl of popcorn can come to around 100 if you pop in the microwave and sweeten it sparingly (:

Hope that helps, keep going! It gets easier after a few weeks!