You should weigh ***lbs in 5 weeks feature

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    > There is nothing exact about any of this so don't expect exactness. IMO, that is one of the most worthless features on MFP.

I wouldn't say worthless, they are pretty motivating for me!
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I don't think this is worthless, but I also don't treat it as a prediction and expect that I will weigh exactly that much in exactly 5 weeks. In other words, I don't see it as something that is going to be accurate because life doesn't occur exactly the same day to day.

My take on this number is that it's giving me feedback about my day.... it will show me that with an ongoing very low calorie intake I would lose weight faster, but because I'm grown up and have a bit of common sense, I'm going to balance that with the fact that I know I wouldn't be able to sustain that kind of calorie deficit every day and that I'm not going to feel good if I keep this up.
    And if I have a day where I eat a whole lot more than my regular cals, it gives me feedback that if I keep up this kind of calorie intake, then my weight will stay the same or increase.
  • Zimgirl76
    Zimgirl76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have my goals set to lose 1kg per week. MFP tells me to have 5020 kilojoules per day to achieve this. I finished the day on 80kjs under today and my prediction said I would only lose 3.6kgs in the next 5 weeks. This is frustrating.