Looking for similar body-type and situation to work together

Options
mcbrainder
mcbrainder Posts: 73 Member
Me: I'm 6'0, 315 pounds. I've struggled with binge eating and a lot of false starts in working out. Five years ago, I got down to almost 230 and felt better than I ever had in my life. I gained fast and my life since has been to start working out and eating right, which would help me to lose 10-20 pounds, but ultimately, I'd go back to my old ways and usually gain back enough to hit a new high.

I'm ready to start working out daily, eating and logging, taking pics of my progress and charting my body fat and weight every couple of weeks. I'm looking for a person or people who are in a similar boat who can correspond and hold each other accountable. I'm tired of failing and if you're the same, maybe we can try to journey together and see what happens.

As of now, I weigh 315 pds, 38% body fat. I'm an awful eater but looking to change. My goal is to lose 115 pds, or get down to 10-15% body fat.

The more, the merrier. If this becomes a group thing, even better. We can use email, text, etc. Just want to talk plans and strategy and help each other along the way, and hopefully hit our own goals along the way.

Replies

• Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I might not be in the same situation... but i've been on this journey for a while now. I've already lost over 30 pounds and still have a good 20 pounds left to lose. I can help in anyway i can, if you want.

I started out as 165 pounds, got down to 145 pounds and maintained that weight for a long time. I struggled getting out of the loop, i just could not get out of 140's (i gained and lost 5 pounds for a month!) and i just now broke it. And now hopefully i constantly will lose it. I know how hard it can be. But taking each day one step at a time really helps.