Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Easy eat clean low carb moderate exercise n no junk drinks you'll be good
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

Uh no.

Eat fewer calories than you are burning. The "what" matters less. But what you eat will matter in how much you can eat and how well balanced your nutrition is.

Exercise sure helps but you cannot out-exercise a poor diet.

But fast and sustainable usually don't go together. 1kg may be totally unrealistic given your current height and weight.

Part of this journey is managing expectations. Yours are not sounding promising for being realistic.
  • Fernando618G
    Options

Uh no.

Eat fewer calories than you are burning. The "what" matters less. But what you eat will matter in how much you can eat and how well balanced your nutrition is.

But fast and sustainable usually don't go together. 1kg may be totally unrealistic given your current height and weight.

Part of this journey is managing expectations. Yours are not sounding promising for being realistic.

Uh believe it or not yes

That's a short awenser. I personally did it so how can you tell me? 2lb a week is a realistic goal if you have a strick diet/ brisk walk who said she's weight training
  • Lewisg51
    Lewisg51 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    As said above 1kg is a lot of weight a week, a just eat clean with a deficit, doesn't have to be perfect but better than normal, and a decent workout routine, depending on how fit you are just start with running/jogging/walking or some home workouts a few times a week. And you will soon lose the weight. Either way good luck to you ☺
  • Fernando618G
    Options
    Lewisg51 wrote: »
    As said above 1kg is a lot of weight a week, a just eat clean with a deficit, doesn't have to be perfect but better than normal, and a decent workout routine, depending on how fit you are just start with running/jogging/walking or some home workouts a few times a week. And you will soon lose the weight. Either way good luck to you ☺

Agreed!! Goodluck on your journey!
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options

That's pretty much exactly what I did, and in fact I did lose that much a week. But my goal was not to lose that much a week, but rather to lose bodyfat using moderate exercise (walking, lifting, cycling) and a diet that I could sustain. For me low carb and a deficit did this: I am 5'7", 47 yo, ate ~1700 cals a day, high protein/fat/fiber, low carb (about 80-90g per day), and continued my program for 3 months.
    But you will need to find your own macro combination and exercise regime.
    Start with your own stats and a deficit, and weigh your food in grams.
  • kasparkid
    kasparkid Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Counting calories with a decent calorie deficit (and being honest... weighing food if you can) is good. Exercise is great - strength training is vastly underrated by many regarding its effect(s) on weight loss.

I disagree on how important the "what" you're eating is. With fewer calories to feed your body, you will want to eat nutrient-dense foods (not candy, chips, sugary sodas, et cetera) if you want to do this in a healthy way. If you don't care about ending up healthy as a result, eat whatever :wink:
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options

"Clean eating" is a nonsense, non-defined term that means nothing in terms of weight loss. The deficit is what matters for weight loss. It's even possible to eat processed foods and be healthy.
  • allenpriest
    Options

Uh no.

Uh believe it or not yes

That's a short awenser. I personally did it so how can you tell me? 2lb a week is a realistic goal if you have a strick diet/ brisk walk who said she's weight training

You are being irresponsibly simplistic. If the OP weighs 110 pounds then the goal is totally unrealistic.

Low carb works for some, but low carb without paying attention to calories is not an answer for anyone.

"Eat clean" is meaningless.
  • allenpriest
    Options
    kasparkid wrote: »
    Counting calories with a decent calorie deficit (and being honest... weighing food if you can) is good. Exercise is great - strength training is vastly underrated by many regarding its effect(s) on weight loss.

I disagree on how important the "what" you're eating is. With fewer calories to feed your body, you will want to eat nutrient-dense foods (not candy, chips, sugary sodas, et cetera) if you want to do this in a healthy way. If you don't care about ending up healthy as a result, eat whatever :wink:

I don't disagree with you.

But one can lose weight eating nothing but candy bars. It wouldn't be a good idea, and you'd be really hungry most of the time. But strictly considering weight loss the only thing that matters is CICO.
  • DeanneScott2
    DeanneScott2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I lost 5 kilos in 10 weeks. Not as much as you are after though. I was 69Kgs and my end goal is 57 kgs. Im 5'3

What I did was making sure I didn't go over my calories, but I eat very similar everyday so didn't have trouble with this, even though I don't log. I cut out alcohol and soft drink completely. But the thing that was the biggest help to me was doing a work out video at home every day. I did the 30 day shred and now I am doing the 6 week 6 pack (Jillian Michaels). This was hard, so I didn't want to ruin the hard work I had been doing by eating badly. I wanted to make it count.

Oh and I didn't lose half a kilo a week either. I went up and down a lot, but over all it went down 5 kilos, so glad I didn't panic when I hadn't lost anything for a couple of weeks and give up, because it eventually dropped.

Good luck :smile:
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    You can't really "speed it up". That always backfires. A nice slow deficit always works best. Best of luck to you.
  • mwinslow69
    mwinslow69 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above but add don't forget water!
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Eating clean must mean to wash your vegetables before you eat them.
  • Densans
    Densans Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You can't really "speed it up". That always backfires. A nice slow deficit always works best. Best of luck to you.

This!
    Usually when people try to do drastic weight loss they will put it back on.
    And it also depends on your weight, the heavier you are the more you can lose without feeling miserable.
  • Lewisg51
    Lewisg51 Posts: 220 Member
    Options

"Clean eating" is a nonsense, non-defined term that means nothing in terms of weight loss. The deficit is what matters for weight loss. It's even possible to eat processed foods and be healthy.

But it's better to eat healthy regardless, unless everyone has been lying to me.....