Late night snacking

Options
I usually don't eat late night snacks, because it typically spirals into something I feel is out of control...But occasionally I feel I truly need something. For example, I ran 5 miles late this afternoon and had a small dinner after but by bedtime, food was all I could think about. So, I ate one serving of raisins and was totally fine. But I still felt guilty so I logged it as a snack for tomorrow. Does anyone else log late night snacks in their tomorrow's diary? Am I being obsessive?

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    yes you are being obsessive.
    Eating a small dinner after a run isn't necessarily a great idea unless you cannot stomach anything bigger.
    You are here to track calories and macros - plan your day accordingly and leave yourself enough allowance to eat more at night and include them snacks into it.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you want to have a snack in the evenings, just work it into your calories and macros. As long as it fits into your nutritional goals, then you'll be right on track. You can have evening snacks and make progress. The problem is that people end up overshooting their calorie goal with mindless snacking. As long as you account for them, you're good to go!
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I need late snacks so I leave 100-200cals for that. And, no, it is not for the following day. Why raisins if I may ask? For the same calories you could have had a bowl of salad which is much more filling. I have a warm bowl of puffed rice with almond milk before bed for 120cals. Very filling.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    you had raisins and you felt guilty.. time to check your relationship with food
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I would pre-log a filling late night snack. Tonight I'm doing yogurt. Sometimes I have a hard boiled egg/English muffin or FiberOne bar.
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    you had raisins and you felt guilty.. time to check your relationship with food

This.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I hate to say this, but you may need to see or speak with someone if you feel guilty over eating a serving of raisins. Food is not an enemy, you just need to eat correctly. :) I've seen this happen before in a friend, and the outcome eventually got worse and worse, now she weighs about 90 lbs and I do sometimes worry about her.