Sigh....what did I do?

Options
Saturday I ran/walked my furthest yet. 6.25 miles, I followed the interval schedule my running coach had set out, run for 3 minutes/walk for 1 minute. I got it done in just under 1 hour. I was proud of myself. I only started running in January.

On Saturday I unofficially weighed myself (weigh in days are Monday's) and I was at 133.7, did my run had a sensible dinner. Then Sunday happened.... I swear I ate everything in sight, if it wasn't nailed down it was in my mouth on top of that my period started. Weigh-in this morning and the scale reads 136.0. Argh I undid all my hard work for the week in one day!

Here's to a new week, a new day and brushing myself off and starting fresh.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Unless you eat over 7000 calories over maintenance, you undid very little. It's mostly water weight, which could be a combination of overeating, a high exercise day, and TOM. Log what you ate yesterday and move on. That should drop off in a few days.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Most of it is probably water weight, but yeah, depending on your deficit and how much you ate, you can undo a week's work in one day.

Also, it's normal to gain weight when your period starts (and probably why you ended up eating so much. Hormones suck). Just give it a few days.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    PMS and water weight!! You will bounce back!!!
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Another vote for "don't stress". I weighed yesterday, down 2 pounds. Measured? My waist measurement went up.

Thought I still had a few days, but nope. Good news? Probably worth weighing again in a few days. ;)
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    FatMomRun wrote: »
    Saturday I ran/walked my furthest yet. 6.25 miles, I followed the interval schedule my running coach had set out, run for 3 minutes/walk for 1 minute. I got it done in just under 1 hour. I was proud of myself. I only started running in January.

On Saturday I unofficially weighed myself (weigh in days are Monday's) and I was at 133.7, did my run had a sensible dinner. Then Sunday happened.... I swear I ate everything in sight, if it wasn't nailed down it was in my mouth on top of that my period started. Weigh-in this morning and the scale reads 136.0. Argh I undid all my hard work for the week in one day!

Most likely your answer right there. That, coupled with water weight from the extra eating (especially if any of it was high in sodium) can reflect on the scale. TOM usually causes 1-2 lb weight gain for me on the scale, too. It isnt fat weight, though. It takes 3500 calories above TDEE to gain one pound of fat. I doubt you ate 10500 extra calories in one day, so it'll go away in a few days. Try to relax and not get caught up in daily fluctuations on the scale. Body weight is constantly changing. As long as the trend is going down, that's the main thing. :-)
  • cnurenasue
    cnurenasue Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    6.25 mile in under an hour is awesome! Don't lose sight of your victories because of small setbacks. ;)
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hormones and a long run probably both contributed to overeating on Sunday, but you did notundo all your good work. My weight tends to fluctuate pretty wildly from week to week. Last week, I showed a 3 pound gain, this week I saw a loss of nearly 5, but only 1 pound less than my lowest weight to date. It will all balance out over time as long as you keep going.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    FatMomRun wrote: »

There's a good 2-4lbs for a lot of women.
    I doubt you ate maintenance and 8000 calories.
    Relax and keep going