What do you order at Starbucks/weight loss

Options

Replies

• punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Starbucks hurts my soul. Every now and then, I decide I'm going to treat myself to the smallest frap and then I die when I see it has between 350-600 calories. Such pain. And it's never worth it.

I have a few standards. Americano, black. Iced coffee also black (However, I find that I usually need to specify not to put any syrup in it because for some reason making it cold means that it needs to be sweet for some reason. Gross.). Every now and then if I'm tempted by the thought of a frap or a mocha, I'll add a shot of caramel or chocolate (20 cals). I enjoy the mango black tea lemonade. If I get food, I usually grab yogurt and/or a Kind bar. However UK Starbucks doesn't have Kind bars which makes me super sad because they're fantastic and have a much better macro balance than most other things on the menu.
  • darlindebcc
    darlindebcc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I am in the mood for a "splurge" at Starbucks, I order a Mocha Light Frappuccino (Grande, 16 ounces): 140 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 29 g sugar, 190 mg sodium. Otherwise, it is venti Passion Fruit tea, unsweetened or a latte with skim milk and 3 equals.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Americano or a non fat cappuccino
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Almond milk latte (it has coffee in it and the foam of the almond milk, but no sweetner...except if the almond milk has the sweetner in it?) it's been awhile since I've had one but so very yummy!!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    joobey wrote: »
    Almond milk latte (it has coffee in it and the foam of the almond milk, but no sweetner...except if the almond milk has the sweetner in it?) it's been awhile since I've had one but so very yummy!!

The plant milks used at Starbucks are typically sweetened. But you can always ask if you want to know specifics.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    A Grande Skinny Iced Mocha, like 100 calories.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Courtwag25 wrote: »
    I want to get something from Starbucks today, but don't want to drink too many calories. Healthier options that taste good?? Thanks!

Dark roast coffee. 5 calories.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I stay away from Starbucks. I just don't like drinking my calories. I rather have something more filling. If I do drink them, I rather have a smootie I make at home.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I stay away from Starbucks. I just don't like drinking my calories. I rather have something more filling. If I do drink them, I rather have a smootie I make at home.

Basically. Starbucks is just a glorified milkshake shop for the most part. Last time I got something from there was in June when they were doing the S'Mores fraps. I got a small one with no whip and skim milk and split it with my kid. It was OK. I haven't been back since. If I am thirsty while out, I usually have already taken something with me like Coke Zero or bottled water or have my own coffee in a travel mug. Saves calories and $$.
  • amazonqueen29
    amazonqueen29 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Iced coffee with sugar free syrup and a little bit of half n half or the passion ice tea unsweetened
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Anything "skinny" - but my favorites: Skinny Vanilla Latte, Skinny Caramel Machiatto, or Iced Coffee w/nonfat milk (least calories of the 3),

I generally get my drinks iced.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Nothing- to expensive to order a black coffee that tastes like *kitten*.
  • notfromwinnipeg
    notfromwinnipeg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    tall cappuccino (2% milk) with a bit of cinnamon sprinkled on top - my fave and only 90 calories
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Caramel macchiato small extra foam
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink Starbucks (not a coffee drinker at all) but if I do..Iced Grande Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte - 80 calories!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Iced coffee with heavy cream is my go to order.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    We don't have a Starbucks because I live in South Africa.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    When I am in the mood for a "splurge" at Starbucks, I order a Mocha Light Frappuccino (Grande, 16 ounces): 140 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 29 g sugar, 190 mg sodium. Otherwise, it is venti Passion Fruit tea, unsweetened or a latte with skim milk and 3 equals.

I go with the light Fraps...have them add scoops of protein to it (4 = 24g, 120 cals, additional) and then it just becomes a tasty meal replacement drink for me.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I love love love Starbucks, for me this this was one of those things that was very important to keep in my diet because I do love it so much. I have learned how to fit it in my calories for the day. Options that work great for me include Venti Iced Coffee with sugar free vanilla, and I add half and half total about 80 calories. Venti Iced Green Tea with 4pumps Raspberry 80calories. Pretty much any of the coffee based light fraps Grande are all under 200 calories. I switched from getting Venti to tall drinks that alone saved a ton of calories for me, and I go with the sugar free options and either nonfat or coconut milk. A tall coconut milk latte is 140 calories. Again for me, these calories are worth it, Starbucks is one of those things I could not see myself giving up, so by figuring out how to fit it in, I do not feel deprived. A really yummy treat for me when I don't want coffee but want something warm on a cold morning is a tall steamed coconut milk with sugar free vanilla, it tastes so good, and again only 140 calories. I have Starbucks at least 3 times a week, and I have lost over 50 pounds and maintained that loss for over 2 years now.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    If I'm looking for no cal options i'll either get a quad shot straight up, or bended with ice or an unsweetened iced passion tea. The tea has 0 and the espresso has under 10. I don't do the skinny/fat free/sugar free. I'll either get the calorie dense awesomeness or one of those options.