P90X versus 30-day shred - other takers / opinions anyone?

Options
Hi - I am considering starting either the P90X or 30-day shred programs but leaning toward the 30-day shred since it is only a 20-minute workout for 30 days. Does anyone have any thoughts on which? Anyone want to start one with me??

Replies

• fozzy33
    fozzy33 Posts: 72
    Options
    30 day shred definately! Hit me up I'll do it with you! I need to get back on it....its been at least 6 months since Ive done it LOL

Michelle
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I think the shred is great---you can draw it out for longer than 30 days if you wish. Its a good way to start off if you aren't that active. I am doing it now, and once I'm done I am moving onto P90X. I think that its a great stepping stone!

But it is only 20 minutes, and I don't think thats a long enough workout!! So depending on what you are trying to loose, I'd suggest pairing it up with some other sort of activity!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've only done the 30 Day Shred, but I've found that it definitely doesn't have to be a 30 days program. I don't do it every single day, I mix it up with the gym on Tues and Thurs and Zumba on Mondays, so I do it the other days. It's been almost 2 months since I started it and I still find it a challenge. I'm burning a good amount of calories and on days where I want a longer workout, I do two levels in a row. THAT is a killer! It's also closer to 27 minutes with warm up, cool down, and a bit of explanation for the moves you're doing. It's a good amount of time for me on days that I don't want to work out an hour.

Also, the 30 Day shred is $9 compared to the pricier P90x. You can try it and if it's not intense enough, go with p90x
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I have both and I have been doing the 30 day shred. I don't have the need/want to be working out for an hour - hour & 1/2 every day with P90X.
    Shred is good enough for me.
    Steph
  • kmulhollen
    kmulhollen Posts: 54
    Options
    I bought 30-day shred yesterday so that's where I'm headed. I've been doing well with the elliptical but will need something new once that gets a little stale.
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I bought 30-day shred yesterday so that's where I'm headed. I've been doing well with the elliptical but will need something new once that gets a little stale.
    THis ;) I went through a few different programs before attempting/committing myself to P90X. I got tire of 30DS quickly but it's a good, quick workout.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I found the 30-day shred workouts to be rather boring after the first week. That's one of the nice things about P90X...daily variety. That said, the time commitment for P90X is huge.

Have you ever considered ChaLean Extreme? I've done 3 rounds of P90X myself, and am currently on my last week of ChaLean Extreme and I found that I enjoyed CLX much more than P90X (and I was quite the Tony Horton devotee prior). The workouts are between 35-55 minutes, 5 days/week. She's got great energy, and the workouts offer that variety as well. Send me a message if you want more info.
  • kmulhollen
    kmulhollen Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughts! ChaLean was not one I've heard of yet.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    apples versus oranges anyone?
    Shred did not work me out, P90X gave me a great workout. I heard great things about CHaLean.
  • KristiDawn
    KristiDawn Posts: 31
    Options
    30 day shred!!!!! I got GREAT results:happy: