Here we go again...

Options
jattardi
jattardi Posts: 35 Member
I've lost count how many times I've tried to lose weight. But here I go again, starting fresh this Monday morning. I have been going to the gym fairly regularly but I don't burn much - probably only 400 calories or so, which is easily offset by the soda I drink and crap food I shove in my mouth all day.

I'm going into this with the mentality that this isn't a "diet" - it has to be a permanent change. Which is going to be insanely hard. I am addicted to many things like soda and Chinese food, I'm used to snacking all day, I was that way since I was a kid.

I don't know what I need to do differently this time to succeed, but I hope I can find it!

Replies

• aboutthatfitlife01
    aboutthatfitlife01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I completely relate!! I just started back up again yesterday after a lifetime of dieting and quitting. I feel like I should be a professional "dieter", haha. But I agree, I'm shifting my mentality so that it's not a "diet" and it's not something I'm torturing myself to do. I think the difference for me this time is that I'm trying to find motivation through self-love and not punishment. I'm trying to focus on all the things in life I still want to do, but was afraid to do because of weight and food addiction. Good luck on your journey! It sounds like you're off to a good start. :)
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Just take everyday one step at a time. You already know your problems. Start cutting back on soda and take out food (such as chinese). You don't need to get rid of them completely- but start treating them as treats instead of daily food/drinks. Start maybe only eating/drinking them weekly. Then maybe every 2 weeks. I'm not sure how often you actually eat/drink them, but you get the idea.

And exercise! You don't need to go very aggressive, but simply walking everyday for 30 minutes will help so much more than you think.

It's not going to be easy, changing life long habits takes time. Just go slowly and remember you're in control. If you want it bad enough you'll do it.
  • Chevi34
    Chevi34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guy's :) I can totally relate to what you're saying. I don't know how many times I have tried to lose weight and then just quit. I woke up this morning and told myself "Today is the day" and it is. I think all I need are friends and a little motivation to help me out. Together we can do this! :):)
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have faith in you. You can do this. I'm a gamer... my diet use to consist of 2 2litter bottles of dr. pepper or mountain dew a day followed by some candy and some microwaved meal. I was barely 100lbs though. Everyone was like, "Oh that will catch up to you by the time you're 30." Well now I'm 30 and 180lbs. So, they were right haha. But I have stomach problems which helped motivate me to completely change my diet. Once I started, I felt too good to turn back over to junk food. There are times I get exhausted, times I get tired of cooking every meal especially because I have to feed my fiance who eats enough to feed a village but I keep going. If I can do it, you can do it!
  • Lu_wallace06
    Lu_wallace06 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me! :D