honey and lemon drinks

Options
2»

Replies

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I used to put honey in my tea. I don't anymore except on occasion, and only a teaspoon or two because it has too many calories. I decided if I'm going to spend that many calories on something, it won't be honey.

At one naive time not so long ago, I was actually adding coconut oil to my smoothies because I read that it's another magical substance that can aid with weight loss but I not only didn't lose, I gained because 120 calories x 3 times a day is a lot of calories to consume in oil. If you are substituting something for something else, it may reduce your total calories but if you're simply adding it to your diet without changing anything else, only weight gain will occur.
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You are the same person that was asking about diet pills. You are clearly not serious. I thought that I was into fast fixes but gosh I've got nothing on you!!!! :-))
    Set your calories
    Eat your meals
    Stay within the calories
    Workout
    And then... Ta dah!!!!
    WEIGHTLOSS!!!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,969 Member
    Options
    when theres loads of articles and research saying it can aid in weight loss, can you really blame me in thinking it could be true?

Please provide links to the actual research (not an article that says "studies say" and then does not provide a reference to the study.)
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I would ditch the honey & just have lemon water. My sister does this every morning since she quit coffee. Best in tepid or slightly warm water& leave the lemons at room temp. too so you can get the most benefits from the live enzymes. Don't know about weight loss but it's a great healthy way to start the day.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    coalz wrote: »
    I would ditch the honey & just have lemon water. My sister does this every morning since she quit coffee. Best in tepid or slightly warm water& leave the lemons at room temp. too so you can get the most benefits from the live enzymes. Don't know about weight loss but it's a great healthy way to start the day.

Even if lemon water does have "live enzymes," they're going to quickly become unalive in the stomach. So I don't see the point (unless you're just drinking it for the taste).
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You really need to accept that there is NO easy way out....Until you do, you won't lose weight....
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    That's called lemonade. I love it, but it's probably got a lot of sugar depending on how you make it. Track the honey you're putting in and enjoy.
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking lemon+agave+cayenne for a bit and it doesn't really help with weight loss (unless you're thinking of just drinking that which is a really bad bad idea) but I find that drinking it near the afternoon stops me from craving sugary snacks? Also it's fun to drink when my whole family is drinking alcohol and I can't!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    You really need to accept that there is NO easy way out....Until you do, you won't lose weight....

OP, sorry this is the truth.

I used to be like you when I was about 20 years old. I would give almost anything to go back in time and work my tail off correctly at that point in my lift. I cry in my protein shake once a week at the gainz I missed out on.