Is losing 8-10 lbs in week....

Options
..to fast on your body to take it all in?

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    If it is your first or second week then that would be mostly water weight. It isn't healthy to lose more than 2 pounds a week unless you are extremely obese. And even then 2 pounds is a really good goal.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    If it's your first couple of weeks, there's generally a larger loss due to water loss. I wouldn't be too worried if that's the case.

However, unless you're extremely obese, at any other time it would be concerning.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Thats a lot to drop in a week, even if the person is really over weight. Would be mostly water vs fat anyway.
  • cadpro78
    cadpro78 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Started last Monday... so a week...
  • cadpro78
    Options
    Yeah, I started at 244 last Monday, so I guess it would be be mostly water...now I'm down to 235, so we will see how it goes this week.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    cadpro78 wrote: »
    Yeah, I started at 244 last Monday, so I guess it would be be mostly water...now I'm down to 235, so we will see how it goes this week.

As long as you are feeding your body enough food to support everything your body is intended to do while you drop the lb's then keep going. Dont expect a loss that big every week - and expect no loss sometimes too. Good luck to you, sir!
  • cadpro78
    Options
    Thanks for your support! Same to you!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It's pretty normal to have big losses in the first week...you're dumping a lot of water weight and you're eating less so you have less inherent waste in your system than if you were eating more. It'll level off. Mathematically it's basically impossible to lose 8-10 Lbs of actual fat in a week.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    If it's just been a week then I wouldn't worry. Just make sure you are eating enough and don't expect that big of a loss every week. Good luck.