Guess BF%

I need help figuring out my BF %. I am a powerlifter and got pretty fat trying to get strong. I have a meet in August or Sept and want to compete at 198 I'm current 186. Was trying to get to 10-12% before building for the prep. Help plz?? wcjuozeztxqx.jpeg
tgmb8k10ys6g.jpeg

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'd say 17-20% range.

• rich421
    rich421 Posts: 11 Member
    Really? I lost 25 pounds and calipers said I was 20% when I started. Guess I'm more fat than I thought.
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Yeah around 20% what's your height?
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Why don't you want to compete in the 83kg class? Or would you rather be at the bottom of the 93kg class?
  • rich421
    HutchA12 wrote: »
    Yeah around 20% what's your height?
    6 foot
  • rich421
    Why don't you want to compete in the 83kg class? Or would you rather be at the bottom of the 93kg class?
    I've actually gotten some advice from a buddy about competing at that weight. How would go about losing the rest of this body fat without losing more muscle. My lifts are starting to suffer and I wanted to add more muscle to my frame before the meet
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    rich421 wrote: »
    I've actually gotten some advice from a buddy about competing at that weight. How would go about losing the rest of this body fat without losing more muscle. My lifts are starting to suffer and I wanted to add more muscle to my frame before the meet
    Unfortunately, there is no way to guarantee losing BF without some LBM loss, but you could try cutting slowly by removing less than 250 calories a day from your diet and see how that goes. I totally get you don't want to lose strength, which is why I never cut anymore once I reach a bodyweight, I eat at that level and go into recomp.
  • rich421
    rich421 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, there is no way to guarantee losing BF without some LBM loss, but you could try cutting slowly by removing less than 250 calories a day from your diet and see how that goes. I totally get you don't want to lose strength, which is why I never cut anymore once I reach a bodyweight, I eat at that level and go into recomp.

Ok thanks. I guess I'll do some cardio now because if I remove any more cals I'll be at 1700-1800 and that's no good
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    I agree with ~20%.