What's the WHY in your fitness routine?

Options
How would you describe the way working out makes you feel? empowered? stronger? etc.?

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    i use fitness as a means of helping my anxiety disorder and general depression.

when i workout for myself it doesn't "feel good". it's not "super fun". What it does do though is let me zone out and focus solely on what my body is doing and feeling in that moment. I guess you could even say it's a form of meditation for me.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I did a longish bike ride Saturday. I beat my best time, and spent the day in beautiful places. I felt strong and capable at the end; not explosively powerful, but happy and able to do the things that matter to me. Went home feeling good and with plenty of energy to go about the rest of my day. Also, the endorphines from the exercise left me floating on a cloud.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Mirror, health, etc.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Its me. My thing. What I do, and I happen to be pretty good at it. I can't imagine not training, not competing. And therefore, even on the days I'm tired and don't really want to train, I go and train anyways.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    To defeat giant robots of course!
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I feel stronger and happier afterwards, every time.
    If I don't feel like going, then I go and have a good workout where my heart rate is up, or I'm sweaty or I've lifted heavier weights than I thought I could, I feel proud.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Centered, grounded, accomplished, strong, energized, peaceful and zenned out✌️
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    To find out just what I can achieve through focus and discipline. Each time I do something I was not sure I could, there is that feeling of both satisfaction and accomplishment.

Or to be ready for the Zombie Apocalypse.

One of those.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    I just enjoy being active and physically fit...it sure as hell beats the alternative.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    My husband is 12 years younger and 60 lbs. lighter. Can you imagine how hard it is to keep up with him?!

Also, dancing when you are obese is really hard on the joints.

And some day, I want to climb my sailboat mast. I need to be lighter, but I also need upper body strength!
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I hike because it's super fun. I started running because of the supposed benefits regarding anxiety and depression, but mainly so I can eat more and still lose weight. Running doesn't make me feel good, in fact usually I feel kind of pukey and lightheaded towards the end recently, but I do feel accomplished when I go farther than I have before.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    To defeat giant robots of course!

^ This. :D

Also, I'm one of those people who gets "runner's high" and "mountain biker's high" (if there is such a thing) so I'm really just a junkie I guess. Plus, exercise is an anxiety crusher - an instant and prolonged mood-booster. And weight training helps me haul heavy stuff better and gives me nice, well-defined abs. As an added bonus, I earn more calories and eat more treats.

There's so much WIN in my workout!
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Stress Relief, to feel better and look better
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about that exact thing on the way home today from the gym with my daughter. I told her I dont ever remember not feeling good after a workout. I always feel glad I went, and accomplish something that makes me feel like a winner.
    Spending some bonding time with her is also a bonus.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about that exact thing on the way home today from the gym with my daughter. I told her I dont ever remember not feeling good after a workout. I always feel glad I went, and accomplish something that makes me feel like a winner.
    Spending some bonding time with her is also a bonus.

You are an amazing father making an incredibly cool investment in your kid's future. (I'm a daughter who is very grateful for the many awesome experiences my dad shared with me.) Keep up the good work! <3
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    The world is in dire need of more fabulous people.
    It's a tough job- and it's under appreciated and often over looked.
    I've taken it upon myself to train to be the most fabulous person I can be.

And when the Fabulous Games come- I will be ready for them.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,221 Member
    Options
    I've been cycling seriously/avidly for 26 years now and casually for 17 years before that. I enjoy it for many reason, and reasons that change fro day to day, month to month, year to year ... why would I stop? Life without cycling would be sad indeed.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I am physically bored at work mostly. It is fun to challenge and push myself. I have no end game, just enjoying the ride and seeing where it takes me.
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Feels good, started really young so it's a habit