New to this site!

Options
Hello all! I'm new to this site I found it on a friends website. I started out at 208 lbs in December 2009. I'm currently down to 192 lbs. I had a child in June 2009! This is the hardest weight to lose (baby weight) Losing weight used to be easy for me :cry:
I'm currently on a oral contraceptive. I'm thinking of coming off and see if it helps with weight loss! What do you think?

Replies

• laurenpence
    laurenpence Posts: 147
    Options
    I was on the pill and it was hard for me to lose weight so I switched to the IUD. It made it easier for me to lose the weight for some odd reason. I have 2 little girls so I know how hard it is to lose baby weight. With my first child i gained 40lbs and I was already 30lbs over weight! It took me about a year to take it off then I stayed in shape with my second and then when my second child was 6 months old I joined the gym weighing in about 156. I am down only 10lbs in 5 months but I dont have much to lose now. If you need any advice or help feel free to write me a message. Oh and I had my 2nd child in July of 2009 so our kids are close in age!
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I don't think that you should come off of your oral contraceptive. How long have you been taking it for? Plus, if you go off it now, and want back on later, whats going to happen then? You should just stick with it and log here!

Since you just started with MFP I think you should give it a run and track your calories and exercise and see what happens. It could be a real wake up call and the pounds will start falling off!!

I had a baby in July of 2009, he was my second, so I know how difficult it can be to get that extra baby weight off!! Good luck, and feel free to befriend me! :)
  • brooke_92606
    Options
    I was on the pill and it was hard for me to lose weight so I switched to the IUD. It made it easier for me to lose the weight for some odd reason. I have 2 little girls so I know how hard it is to lose baby weight. With my first child i gained 40lbs and I was already 30lbs over weight! It took me about a year to take it off then I stayed in shape with my second and then when my second child was 6 months old I joined the gym weighing in about 156. I am down only 10lbs in 5 months but I dont have much to lose now. If you need any advice or help feel free to write me a message. Oh and I had my 2nd child in July of 2009 so our kids are close in age!
    I'm hoping it will make it easier for me to! I mean the weight is coming off but verrrry slow. The IUD kind of makes me nervous. But I will look into it.
  • brooke_92606
    Options
    I don't think that you should come off of your oral contraceptive. How long have you been taking it for? Plus, if you go off it now, and want back on later, whats going to happen then? You should just stick with it and log here!

Since you just started with MFP I think you should give it a run and track your calories and exercise and see what happens. It could be a real wake up call and the pounds will start falling off!!

I had a baby in July of 2009, he was my second, so I know how difficult it can be to get that extra baby weight off!! Good luck, and feel free to befriend me! :)
    I've been on it for a year, well I was on Yaz but switched to Ortho-Cyclen. I was on another fitness website but it was so hard to do things on it. It was very confusing but I will give it a try. I didn't really like birth control at all. It gives me headaches and bad mood swings so I don't want to come off it just because of the weight loss ya know?
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I've been on it for a year, well I was on Yaz but switched to Ortho-Cyclen. I was on another fitness website but it was so hard to do things on it. It was very confusing but I will give it a try. I didn't really like birth control at all. It gives me headaches and bad mood swings so I don't want to come off it just because of the weight loss ya know?
    [/quote]

This website really has opened my eyes to the things that i put into my mouth---its helped me control my love for food---and made me want to exercise to even it out more!!
    I am not on any birth control right now, my husband is deployed so there is no need to, but once he gets back I will be. I really don't feel like gambling with getting pregnant...and if that means that I have to put in some extra time at the gym or cut back on a few calories just to be on birth control, then so be it!!
    But if you still aren't loosing any weight and the headaches/mood swings don't go away, then maybe you should look into other types of birth control! :)
  • leftyy2k4
    leftyy2k4 Posts: 71
    Options
    IUD is awesome. MY wife has had one for 5 years now.

The old ones were unsafe cause the cord would collect bacteria. That was in the 70's. They have changed drastically since than.

She got it cause hormones were messing her up. She said it was the best decision she has ever made.

You should def go talk to your ob/gyn about it.
  • brooke_92606
    Options
    [/quote]

This website really has opened my eyes to the things that i put into my mouth---its helped me control my love for food---and made me want to exercise to even it out more!!
    I am not on any birth control right now, my husband is deployed so there is no need to, but once he gets back I will be. I really don't feel like gambling with getting pregnant...and if that means that I have to put in some extra time at the gym or cut back on a few calories just to be on birth control, then so be it!!
    But if you still aren't loosing any weight and the headaches/mood swings don't go away, then maybe you should look into other types of birth control! :)
    [/quote]
    I am going to, I just have heard so many horror stories of the IUD. And I definitely don't want anymore kids right now! But I get what you're saying. I was on sparkpeople.com I think it's called but this site seems so much easier!
  • leftyy2k4
    Options
    This is the one my wife has.

http://www.paraguard.com/
  • leftyy2k4
    Options
    What horror stories? You got to stop listening to people and talk to your doctor. The IUD changed my wifes life. And that is not a understatement.
  • brooke_92606
    Options
    Like they move and cause all sorts of problems, but I will talk to my doctor! Thanks for the advice.
  • leftyy2k4
    Options
    Like they move and cause all sorts of problems, but I will talk to my doctor! Thanks for the advice.

Oh ok. No my wife has had zero issues, It was suggested to her by her doctor. Def talk to your doctor. Good luck.
  • laurenpence
    laurenpence Posts: 147
    Options
    I have had mine for about 8 months and I have had no problems at all with it, neither has my friend. Good thing about it is when you want a baby you go and have it removed and you can get pregnant right away!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    everyone will give you different advice, including doctors.

i asked my doctor to put me on it and she said "do you ever want to have kids?" and i said "yes" and she said "i am not going to put you on it"