Booty building-weight loss and such :)

Options
So far my plan is to drop majority of my extra pounds with healthy eating.. A calorie deficit and cardio.. Things like dance and swimming. Is there a way of keeping the size of your booty while dropping weight and cardio? Weighted booty workouts? Twice a week..or more? Any info would be cool.

Replies

• shagerty777
    shagerty777 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Not really. Your butt will shrink as you lose weight. Weight lifting such as squats and straight leg deadlifts will help build muscle to replace that lost fat though!
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do to keep your butt (although it will shrink during weight loss) is to retain the muscle you have there by doing a good lower body strength routine at least once a week, some do it twice to three times a week. Exercises like rear barbell squats, weight kickbacks, deadlifts, barbell hip thrusts and the like are going to have a glute focus and will help retain or build muscle. Got to go heavy though. Cable pull throughs are pretty good too as well as hack squats.
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Very great suggestions. Thanks!!
  • ashleyylo
    ashleyylo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Following! I feel sad because my bum is disappearing
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Eh...if you have a decent amount of fat on your bum, it's going to shrink. What you do is lift heavy/resistance train to keep the muscle so it at least looks nice as you get smaller. Squat, dead lift...really just run a program with compound lifts/progressive overload.

When I lost weight my hips went from 44 inches to 37. Once I was lean enough I started building my booty back up by eating in a surplus and really working on it. Unfortunately the dream booty can be a process for some of us
  • MissMonicaC4
    Options
    I have some fat for sure but a decent amount of muscle Id like to think.. So I hope it doesnt go anywhere..the muscle anyway lol. Im going to keep up with the squats and try dead lifts. Ankle weights might be good too Ive seen. Has anyone tried those brazilian booty lift videos?
  • arditarose
    Options
    I have some fat for sure but a decent amount of muscle Id like to think.. So I hope it doesnt go anywhere..the muscle anyway lol. Im going to keep up with the squats and try dead lifts. Ankle weights might be good too Ive seen. Has anyone tried those brazilian booty lift videos?

You could do Strong Curves. Bret Contreras is literally the Glute Guy.
  • MissMonicaC4
    Options
    Never heard of..now looking up!! Thanks so much ! :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Eh...if you have a decent amount of fat on your bum, it's going to shrink. What you do is lift heavy/resistance train to keep the muscle so it at least looks nice as you get smaller. Squat, dead lift...really just run a program with compound lifts/progressive overload.

When I lost weight my hips went from 44 inches to 37. Once I was lean enough I started building my booty back up by eating in a surplus and really working on it. Unfortunately the dream booty can be a process for some of us

This
  • arditarose
    Options
    Never heard of..now looking up!! Thanks so much ! :)

Look at some progress pics on Facebook. Some of those girls got it going on. Lifts from that program have done great things to my butt.
  • MissMonicaC4
    Options
    Buttspiration hahah thanks!!