Keto Friends

Options
Looking for Keto friends. It's been hard for me to do Keto by myself. My family has no interest in it and I still have to prepare their carb meals.

Replies

• tessalynn37
    tessalynn37 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Same boat here!
  • KoriBeckner
    KoriBeckner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's really hard, especially birthdays/holidays.
    But the worst is cooking food I can't/won't even eat, then have to look for something for myself, so I can eat.
  • monnasofthree081013
    Options
    I'm started keto today yay I feel ok except for headache remember to stay strong and don't give in to temptations it's hard too I have to fix different stuff for my kids but hoping in the long run to have everyone eating the same things most family eats differently but hubby is now on board sorry for the rambling I'll add u as a friend if I can figure it out
  • crystalhardin
    crystalhardin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Keto friends.
    I am going into my 9th week. Definitely feeling much better on this woe. I love how many different support groups their are for this lifestyle.
  • KoriBeckner
    Options
    Hi Mona & Crystal. (Hope I got your names right)
    Yes I'm hoping my family will get on board. U just need to make sure the food tastes good. lol.
    I made cloud bread and it was horrible. Tasted like burned eggs haha.
    Well, we are always learning, we have to remember to cut ourselves some slack sometimes. Everything will be okay. We have each other to bounce off of.
  • Tempest07
    Tempest07 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have keto'ed before! Love it. Get your family on board haha

Brian
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Is cloud bread the same as oopsies? I've seen 2 different ones I think both use eggs but just tried the oopsies.. not quite the same as bread but a good alternative for me!
    Why don't you try and make it easier on yourself and cook meals that you and your family could eat.. but serve theirs with rice, pasta, potatoes, bread etc... burgers, chilli, spag bol, casseroles etc all make great family meals which you won't feel too left out with.x
  • KoriBeckner
    Options
    Thats a really good idea! Seems so simple, thank you!!!!
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You're welcome. I was ccooking different meals at first for my partner.. but I now do this all the time.. I just add all the ingredients up and divide it by 2 (or whatever your family number is) then log that onto MFP - then just add in the extra rice etc to his plate. Good luck :)