Gaining muscle quickly

I've just been lifting for 2 weeks - 4x per week, for 45min. I've been going at it fairly hard in terms of weight. I already see a massive growth in my biceps when I flex them - I have guns! Is this unusually quick muscle gain for a woman, or pretty normal? Am wondering if I might be an exception to the 'women find it hard to gain muscle' rule...

Replies

• whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Are your biceps like it all the time or just while/after lifting?

Measure your biceps at regular intervals, you'll know if you are gaining in size
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    There's also the newbie gains.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Lolwut
  • Wombat468
    Wombat468 Posts: 191 Member
    They're like that all the time, but only when I tense them. I have too much flab to see them at rest!!
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Don't get excited, it's likely fluid pumped to your muscles for recovery. As a woman, you're not likely to gain more than a maximum of 1lb of muscle in a month and that one pound isn't likely all to be in your arms unless that's all you're working. It is motivating though seeing the changes in you body, isn't it?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    More than likely holding some water in the muscles. Signs that you're working hard.

Is this you're first bulk?
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Don't get excited, it's likely fluid pumped to your muscles for recovery. As a woman, you're not likely to gain more than a maximum of 1lb of muscle in a month and that one pound isn't likely all to be in your arms unless that's all you're working. It is motivating though seeing the changes in you body, isn't it?

Good answer. Best of luck to the OP, keep at it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    "pump"....which is fluid in your muscles. putting on actual muscle, even if you're male is slow process. a male with outstanding genetics, a spot on diet, and kick *kitten* training protocol might put on 20 Lbs of muscle in a year.
  • Wombat468
    Wombat468 Posts: 191 Member
    Okay, fluid it is! Ah well - something's gotta motivate me :). Cheers!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    It's okay. The pump is fun too.