Restaurant Tracking

Options
I don't see the option to search restaurant meals. Where is it?

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    The meals themselves are there.
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    plug in say burger king hamburger and it will show up
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to access the new restaurant feature. Maybe someone who has used it will link it. It's very new.
  • Cynsonya
    Options
    Found and used it.

On the app when you go into your diary choose the time/meal period you want to add. Beside the search box where you would normally type in your food there should be a direction icon. Click that and it will pull up all the restaurants in the area. You can move the map around to get to another area, then click browse here, scroll down till you find the restaurant you're looking for. I haven't tried it on the actual site yet only the phone app. Not sure but it may only be for the app.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I usually just type in the restaurant name + food. Sometimes there simply is not an entry, and if you can gnab the nutrition facts, put it in there. Just make sure to do a good check first.
    Also, keep in mind that since they don't weigh/measure a lot of their food, the calories can be very far off.
  • Cynsonya
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    I usually just type in the restaurant name + food. Sometimes there simply is not an entry, and if you can gnab the nutrition facts, put it in there. Just make sure to do a good check first.
    Also, keep in mind that since they don't weigh/measure a lot of their food, the calories can be very far off.

I had that exact same issue. But when I used the restaurant tracker their menu popped up even though none of their food is in the database.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    rageving wrote: »
    I don't see the option to search restaurant meals. Where is it?

This feature is only available for people in the US, so it might not be an option for you.
    Perhaps we aren't meant to eat out.....?

Here is the info on how to use this feature:
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/myfitnesspal-introduces-restaurant-logging/