No scale until May 1st!

Options
Quinn_Baker
Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
I don't know about you, but I get a little scale crazy sometimes. I don't want to focus on a number right now, I just want to work super hard and be motivated by how I feel!
Anyone want to join me for a no-scale challenge until May 1st?

Replies

• Shoebacha1
    Shoebacha1 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I am in. I actually wrote a blog about this on Saturday. You should check it out!
  • Quinn_Baker
    Options
    Fantastic! Thanks!
  • rebeccaahopkins93
    rebeccaahopkins93 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give this a try :)
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • AbbySpunky
    AbbySpunky Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Still havent weighted, as tempting as it has been....I feel great today and my clothes are fitting better than ever. I wore this same outfit 2 weeks ago and it was snug, today it is almost sagging.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! I need to do this because I've become obsessed over mine.
  • MarySheppardWalker
    MarySheppardWalker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm involved in a weight loss challenge at work that involves weighing in. As soon as it is over, I'm totally doing this. I don't do well when I constantly weigh myself. I get either overconfident or discouraged.
  • rebeccaahopkins93
    Options
    It's so hard not to weight myself! I've been doing it every morning and it felt wrong not to do it today. But I found that I was able to notice other ways I made progress today which made it easier
  • fontenelleh
    fontenelleh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im in, let's do this!
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    I am having a tough food day.
    Before I read about it in the PCOS for Dummies book, I always thought it was just a problem with me....but knowing that PCOS is what is causing this urge to binge eat on occasion helps me ignore and control it. Now instead of feeling like I have piss poor self control and am a self-sabatager, I understand the urge is actually chemically induced. Lets me feel I am in control of myself again, and helps me know the hunger pains are not really me being hungry, but my out of whack system telling me lies. I will continue to eat as normal and increase my water intake, and give the finger to these lies from my tummy.
  • melieday
    melieday Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes I was thinking I need to not be so focused on the scales . Can be disempowering . I need to focus on the bigger picture ( hopefully not my reflection in mirror lol(
  • rebeccaahopkins93
    Options
    Hey guys, is anyone else having a super hard time staying away from that scale? I'm still refraining from weighing myself but every time I go into my bathroom I'm tempted to hope on and "just check"
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    I have had temptations. I dont have one in my bathroom, or even at home at all, but they are all over the place at work. I am able to comfortably cross my legs for the first time in over a year, and my ring fell off today just walking...very tempted. But, just like with food cravings, I give the scale the finger as I walk by and say "you aint getting none of this til the 1st!" and move on.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Options
    I'm definitely struggling! It's hard to stay away from the scene but it'll be worth it!
  • Joanna28
    Joanna28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is just what I need! I'm in. Going to put the scales out of sight so I don't feel tempted to cheat. Hoping I'll feel more relaxed if I'm less fixated on the numbers on the scale (which didn't go down last week!). Good luck everyone
  • Shoebacha1
    Options
    Today has been the most tempting. My ring fell off and now I cant wear it until I get a snuggie, and I had to buy a belt on the way to work to keep my jeans from falling down. Seeing and feeling so much progress, terrified the scale will reflect it.
  • ummyasminah
    ummyasminah Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm totally doing this until May 1!
  • myfightforfitness
    myfightforfitness Posts: 136 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Omg I'm exactly the same as you so I'm going to try this challenge and not look at it until then. hopefully we're all successful in doing so haha :#