Im 21 and i weigh 15 stone :(

Options
Hello my names josie im 21 and weigh 15 stone and my weight is really starting to effect me and its getting me down.
Can anyone suggest how i could loose weight and fast my goal atm is to get to a comfy 12stone.
Any tips? Thank you x

Replies

• Arucard5
    Arucard5 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What does 15 stone mean?
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Arucard5 wrote: »
    What does 15 stone mean?

It's a UK thing. A stone is 14lbs.
  • Lewisg51
    Lewisg51 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    When I was 13 I was about 17 stone lol, not the end of the world. Just use this site and it will get you where you need to go. Don't let it get you down. Feel free to add me if you have any questions. Good luck ☺
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have been where you are... All the diets work, it's a case of finding the one that suits you. I've successfully lost weight on low fat (no cal counting) and calorie counting.. Okay i'm not so good at keeping it off hence why I am here.. but the one you can stick with long term is most definitely the one you need to follow.
    Low Carb (I am doing this)
    Low Fat
    Calorie Counting
    Fasting
    Slimming World (Sin Counting)
    WeightWatchers (Points Counting)
    Weight Loss shakes/meal replacements..
    Which ones sound most like the way you eat now/could happily eat longterm?

Good Luckx
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You will get there, but however you choose to lose the weight you must stick to it. I have been there starting my weightloss journey at 16 stone (224lbs)!!!! I've still got ages to go but I've dropped 1.5stones (21lbs) by sticking to my calories and working out daily and not eating my calories back although a lot of people say they eat back half of their workout calories. I'm looking to lose weight fast so I don't eat them back as I don't see the point in working out hard then eating it all back might as well not workout!!!!
    Exercise does help immensely though obviously good for your heart and also helps build muscle and tone up because although you want to be slim you don't want that skinny fat look.
    All the best with your journey lovely xx
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    What does 15 stone mean?

A UK thing lol you make us sound weird
  • EMERALDberry
    EMERALDberry Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello my names josie im 21 and weigh 15 stone and my weight is really starting to effect me and its getting me down.
    Can anyone suggest how i could loose weight and fast my goal atm is to get to a comfy 12stone.
    Any tips? Thank you x

I am currently doing http://diet-service.org/service/diets/himicheskaja-dieta-usamy-hamdij . It's a diet by a doctor for those who need to lose a lot, fast. It's about how combining foods creates weightloss. It promises to lose up to 44 lbs in 28 days if you stick to it. Best wishes to you! =)
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    What does 15 stone mean?

Haha I thought that too. I actually thought the whole world used stones until I looked up American recipes and saw things like cups etc! V confusing!
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    What does 15 stone mean?

I might live in the States, but I'm from Yorkshire, so I know just how weird you all are!
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Any tips? Thank you x

Hey, you may want to to look at ketogenic diet.
    Have a look here

http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/best-weight-loss-program.html

I started it to stop IBS and bloating, I can see my abs again in only two - three weeks of eating this way.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You start counting calories as accurately as possible is what you do and slowly but surely you WILL lose weight. It takes patience and commitment, but totally worth it.

For our USA friends 15 stones is 210lbs.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Any tips? Thank you x

I am currently doing http://diet-service.org/service/diets/himicheskaja-dieta-usamy-hamdij . It's a diet by a doctor for those who need to lose a lot, fast. It's about how combining foods creates weightloss. It promises to lose up to 44 lbs in 28 days if you stick to it. Best wishes to you! =)

NO! Don't try to lose weight fast! it doesn't work or is it sustainable and most people find they just regain all they lose. Take things slower and you will have lasting weight loss as you change your eating habits along the way.
    44lbs loss in 28 days is just wrong!
  • EMERALDberry
    EMERALDberry Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Any tips? Thank you x

NO! Don't try to lose weight fast! it doesn't work or is it sustainable and most people find they just regain all they lose. Take things slower and you will have lasting weight loss as you change your eating habits along the way.

I find that when people have something to jumpstart a weight loss they are more likely to stick with it. The plan I am doing is by a doctor and I will stick to it.
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Any tips? Thank you x

I find that when people have something to jumpstart a weight loss they are more likely to stick with it. The plan I am doing is by a doctor and I will stick to it.

So how much have you lost then???
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Consistency is key. Keep at it. Even if you fall off the wagon for a day (or two, or three) get right back up there and do it again. Don't beat yourself up over bad days. Enter your information into MyFitnessPal, pick a reasonable weight loss goal (usually 1lb a week. Don't go too aggressive or you won't stick with it). Remember that the weight didn't come on overnight and it won't come off overnight. This is a long process but if you stick with it you'll see results.

Good luck!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @EMERALDberry if that works for you then thats great, but long term you need to come up with something sustainable and re-think how you eat/move etc. Thats the secret to weight loss and keeping it off. (and I know as I am maintaining my goal weight now 3+ years)
  • tryasimighty
    tryasimighty Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Have a look at some of the success stories on here to inspire you- I was 20 stone at 21 and half that now- it feels completely impossible when you sit there with a lot to lose but it really is possible, you have a whole life ahead of you and I wish I had got to grips with all this when I was younger. Set small goals so you do not feel overwhelmed- for example 7 pounds to start with, get there, congratulate yourself, another 7...and so on. Good luck!
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    ChaleGirl wrote: »
    What does 15 stone mean?

Haha I thought that too. I actually thought the whole world used stones until I looked up American recipes and saw things like cups etc! V confusing!

Most of the world uses kilograms for weight. America still uses the old Imperial System of weights and measures but only a subset of them: e.g. cups, ounces, yards, pounds and acres but not drams, gills, stones, rods, furlongs, and fathoms.
  • sammy_c_read
    sammy_c_read Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 20 years old and I started at 170 and I'm only at 165 now but I've tried all the diets people have said before and none of them
    Work long term. I've lost my
    First five pounds but just looking at calories in vs calories out.
    Go online and find your TDEE (this is the total daily energy expenditure or the amount of calories your body burns doing daily bodily functions) and subtract 500 from
    That number and that's your daily caloric intake! Focus on staying under that calorie amount every day and try and get in at least 30 min of excercises 3-4 times a week. Don't focus so much on eating clean but eating things in lesser calorie amounts. You will learn that if you eat cleaner foods such as fruits and vegetables and lean meats then you'll have more calories to spend on other foods, but don't cut anything out permentally. All about balance!!!! Enjoy the ride!! Feel free to friend me and message me for any advice!
  • josiie_sayce94
    josiie_sayce94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advise i think my main problem is im never hungry in the day so i eat at night im that busy in the day i dont eat at all! I eat maybe one meal a day.