5'3/5'4 best weight?

Options
Hi:) Im just wondering what would be the best weight for a 5'3 and a half girl to weigh. I am 128 pounds but I want to get down to about 115. Will this be too thin? If any of you are around my height what is your goal weight?

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    There's no one "right" weight for any given height. It depends on your body composition (eg. how much muscle you have), your bone structure, where you naturally carry your fat, as well as personal preference. You are well within the healthy range for your height, so I would forget about chasing a particular number and go by how you look.

Keep working on getting those calories in, and you'll probably find that you get the look you want at a higher weight than if you go very low calorie again.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and aiming for 120, but am waiting to see how I look when I get there. I've seen plenty of girls this height look great between 110 and 120. Definitely 120 or less, though.
  • boridizzy
    boridizzy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It could be that you might just have to tone. Sometimes just building muscle will make you look slimmer/leaner without you necessarily having to weigh less. Check out www.bodybuilding.com for some good workout plans. I've seen so many pictures of people who were cardio bunnies and then started weightlifting and they look much better heavier from the muscle. Just a thought :)
  • tamtambambam1985
    tamtambambam1985 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and currently about 123 lbs and I am trying to get down to 110. I have been 110 before and find I look best at this weight.. Anything below 110 I look too thin tho!
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    lol I'm 5'4 and I'm aiming for 140. now I feel like I should aim for 120 gosh!
  • fittobe15
    fittobe15 Posts: 12
    Options
    I use to be 108 or lower when I was starving myself. I went to a doctor and a nutritionist and I was told I should aim for 130-135 and no lower then 120. I'm 5'4. 128 sounds great.
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and am aiming for 135! In college I weighed 120/125 and was TINY, that was 15-20 years ago. I'm thinking for my age 135 is a good goal to start with, I'll see whre to go after that. But if your small boned, I would gues 115/120 is small enough. Women need some body fat and lean muscle to stay healthy.
  • caitlinjm74
    caitlinjm74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would love to weigh something like 120 but I don't think I've weighed so little since I was about 13 :( I'm 5 foot 3 and a bit, weigh 170 now and my main goal is 140. It may be at the top end of the 'healthy' range but it seems like a reasonable personal goal for me.
  • thisdamselflies
    thisdamselflies Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My healthiest weight was 118. Anything below 115 and I start to look downright emaciated in my face and shoulders. Funny how just a couple of pounds can make such a huge difference. However, last time I was 118, I was skinny-fat (no visible muscle, just soft everywhere!). There's one photo on my Pinterest of a girl who's 127 pounds beside another photo of the same girl at 138. She looks better in the heavier photo (higher butt, smaller tummy, leaner thighs) because she lost all the soft chub and replaced it with a whole lot of lean muscle. She probably feels better too. Stronger, more energetic.

But this is all individual. Your ideal weight depends on your own bone structure, how your weight is distributed, whether you do strength training, etc. I put a number in as my goal, but my actual goal is to get to the point where all of my clothes fit me comfortably again (maybe a little loosely!) and I can chase after and lift up a five-year-old all day without getting tired.
  • nks798
    nks798 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and last year I was at 130ish and I felt like I needed to lost 4-5 more pounds :) It just really depends on your frame, fat percentage, etc. :)
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    This is me at 5'3 and 115 lbs last summer. I just had baby #3 and I will aim to get back to that weight in the next 6 months (I'm nursing a baby so these last 8 lbs won't come off too quickly). It depends on your body, but I definitely don't think I looked too thin.
    pic_zps01d78021.png
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    lol I'm 5'4 and I'm aiming for 140. now I feel like I should aim for 120 gosh!

nope... girl dont trip.. my goal is 170!!! i started mfp obese at 234 and am 198 now.. but in a size 12 and look and feel perty dang good.. 145 feels unrealistic... even though in doctor scales i should be that at th heaviest perty much :noway: whatevs to that.. i have muscle and shape and if i loose too much more my man will make me go find it!! lol
    :laugh:

TRUTH
  • jenfrey44
    jenfrey44 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and weigh almost 200, obviously this is not anywhere near healthy so I would like to get down to 145 or so. It really depends on your build, where you tend to carry your weight, and how much muscle you have. (Since muscle weighs more than fat)
  • nleighp
    nleighp Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    There's no one "right" weight for any given height. It depends on your body composition (eg. how much muscle you have), your bone structure, where you naturally carry your fat, as well as personal preference. You are well within the healthy range for your height, so I would forget about chasing a particular number and go by how you look.

Keep working on getting those calories in, and you'll probably find that you get the look you want at a higher weight than if you go very low calorie again.

^^^ This is the most correct answer so far.

Each body is different. Your age, activity level, gender, eating habits, etc. all play a part in what makes the best body composition for _you_. You need to look at your lean muscle to fat ratio and decide what is the most ideal weight for you as an individual. Good luck!
  • mccbabe1
    Options
    my goal is 170!!! i started mfp obese at 234 and size 20!!! and am 198 now.. but im now in a size 12 and look and feel perty dang good i fit in clothes that m friends who weigh 165 fit into... I workout a lot and with weights..... 145 feels unrealistic to me.. for 'me'.. i cant even imagine 125 or less!!...... even though in "doctor scales" i should be that at th heaviest perty much :noway: whatevs to that.. i have muscle and a curvy womanly shape and if i loose too much morewt my man will make me go find it!! lol
    :laugh:

TRUTH
  • mccbabe1
    Options

^^^ This is the most correct answer so far.

Each body is different. Your age, activity level, gender, eating habits, etc. all play a part in what makes the best body composition for _you_. You need to look at your lean muscle to fat ratio and decide what is the most ideal weight for you as an individual. Good luck!

agreeeeeeeeeeeee
  • RebeccaSarah16
    Options
    Thank you:)
  • RebeccaSarah16
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and am aiming for 135! In college I weighed 120/125 and was TINY, that was 15-20 years ago. I'm thinking for my age 135 is a good goal to start with, I'll see whre to go after that. But if your small boned, I would gues 115/120 is small enough. Women need some body fat and lean muscle to stay healthy.
    Yeah I agree, thank you!
  • RebeccaSarah16
    Options
    I would love to weigh something like 120 but I don't think I've weighed so little since I was about 13 :( I'm 5 foot 3 and a bit, weigh 170 now and my main goal is 140. It may be at the top end of the 'healthy' range but it seems like a reasonable personal goal for me.
    Good luck!
  • RebeccaSarah16
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and last year I was at 130ish and I felt like I needed to lost 4-5 more pounds :) It just really depends on your frame, fat percentage, etc. :)
    Okay thank you:)