Options
2»

Replies

• jamielikesyou
    jamielikesyou Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    lorisisler wrote: »
    My choice is sleeve!

This is your decison alone to make and only you and your doctor can ultimately decide what is best for you. I wish you great success on your journey no matter how you decide to proceed. I know of one person who has done banding and it has been a great success for her and in helping to maintain her weight. Despite alterations to her life she is happy with her outcome. I hope you find support and compassion within this community.
  • lorisisler
    lorisisler Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    My choice is sleeve!

That's a shame, but good luck

How odd that people would ask complete strangers in helping them in making a decision like this, instead of their doctor. But oh well, whatever turns your cookie.
    I was asking people for their opinions not for the answer. Hearing their experience is what I was looking for! Weighing the pros and cons is part of making a decision.

• Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    firef1y72 wrote: »

That gives me hope. Thank you!! I actually don't eat the extra calories that I earn from walking. Some days even with three meals it's hard for me to even hit 1000 calories. I already have a surgery date, however I'm trying to see how much I can lose on my own.

If you are going this great without the surgery you could even consider postponing the surgery. With this great amount of success you may see that you don't need the surgery. Wish you the best of luck in your journey. Remember each pound lost is a success...
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I've never had a weight loss surgery so I'm no expert for sure. I'd never knock anyone's decision to have it. No one decides to have a major surgery, changing the size of their organs, without a damn good reason.

Congrats on your current weight loss and good luck with the sleeve. I've had friends that had it and successfully lost and friends that originally lost and then gained everything back.

Like anything, it is going to depend on you. One thing I don't know if the doctor told you... All 5 people I know who had the sleeve or gastric bypass lost a lot of their hair and it never really came back as thick as it was. I don't know why, but that really bothers me. It's probably the primary reason I've never considered something like the sleeve.
  • lorisisler
    lorisisler Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 09/08