Yup. All day. :'(
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I'm a corporate puppet.
  • puckit61
    puckit61 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    yep, and I had to work yesterday too :sad: I'll make up for it this weekend!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    here's the good thing about working today, though (and I have the same philosophy during Thanksgiving/Christmas time). There's no one else around. I usually have 5 other people around me working and today, there is just one other person. And there are less people from other departments to make requests of me, so I will probably have a leisurely yet productive day.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    In my line of work it's less people around so more for you to do to help pick up the slack. Here's to tomorrow being the weekend! :drinker:
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    here's the good thing about working today, though (and I have the same philosophy during Thanksgiving/Christmas time). There's no one else around. I usually have 5 other people around me working and today, there is just one other person. And there are less people from other departments to make requests of me, so I will probably have a leisurely yet productive day.

yup! i work on a military base...i brought angel food cake and sweetened coconut milk with fresh pineapple for the 3 of us(usually 7 in the office) to make the day a little better!
  • toughmudderMN
    toughmudderMN Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have to work since it is the end of the quarter. Since I have closed all of my financials out before the 4th, I am getting paid today to waste time on the internet.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    yep, and I had to work yesterday too :sad: I'll make up for it this weekend!

Same here. But I'm working this weekend too. Yay!
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    In my line of work it's less people around so more for you to do to help pick up the slack. Here's to tomorrow being the weekend! :drinker:

yes our bldg. is almost empty .we didn't schedule vacation day accordingly .
  • NoExcusesAllProgress
    NoExcusesAllProgress Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Working, but to be honest I'm not complaining. I tend to be more focused on my diet when I'm at work.
  • lastspen
    lastspen Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My coworkers are golfing in the hallway. :huh: Not much going on around here today.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm just thinking of it as my 2nd Friday this week.
  • jmoliveson
    jmoliveson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yep it was painful to wake up at 4am lol Hope everyone has a good day!!!
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm a slave to the state government... and half my office is gone, thus why I'm stuck here manning the phones all day by myself. Yippee.
  • xALEXANDROx
    Options
    Working, but to be honest I'm not complaining. I tend to be more focused on my diet when I'm at work.

after the day I had yesterday .I know what youre saying.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm still asleep, but I'm here....:yawn:
    Was told I would get off early, but my boss thinks "early" is 10 minutes before normal...we shall see...:wink:
  • xALEXANDROx
    Options
    I'm just thinking of it as my 2nd Friday this week.

:drinker:
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm the only one in my building today. All the doors and gates are locked and I'm trying really hard to be productive. So far, I'm just not feeling it.

Usually I love these quiet days, especially at the end of the fiscal year, but today's a total "meh" day for me.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Yep...AND I worked yesterday... :(

Oh well. Taking my 4th of July holiday in August (rafting trip!)