A Diet For Your Skin

Options
2»

Replies

• JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Paiger816 wrote: »
    Oh, and this just happened and I haven't shut up about it for days. My dairy free friends are rejoicing with me. My dairy eating friends just want me to shut up.

dwwomke8d0oy.jpg

That Coffee Caramel Fudge has my inner fat girl rejoicing. And my thinner outer self telling her to calm the F down, we still have 10 pounds to go. :#

Shut. Up. I've been whining about the lack of good dairy-free ice cream choices for years - my daughter will be beside herself if we find some eatable ice cream!
  • Sassie_Lassie
    Sassie_Lassie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've recently had a rebound of acne, and I was wondering if there is any food stuffs in particular I should include in my diet to combat this? I've heard that drinking a lot of water can help flush out your system and improve your skin's health and appearance. Is this true?

I have a daily skin care routine that is helping somewhat, in addition to taking recommended Zinc tablets, but what can I change about my diet that will aid my battle against acne? What works for you?

What exactly are you using on your skin during your skin care routine? Are you using products with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide? I only ask because quite a few years back I had a horrible acne outbreak on my face -- the first that I have ever had in my life -- and it turned out it was the salicylic acid that was causing it. I discovered that fact when I went a few days without using any of the products that had it and my acne started to clear. Now I just wash my face with an antibacterial bar and I haven't had an acne problem since.
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Get a water app. Free downloads and this helped immensely. I also take a daily hair/skin/nails biotin. There are several options out there. It's helped me, and my 16 year old.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I've recently had a rebound of acne, and I was wondering if there is any food stuffs in particular I should include in my diet to combat this? I've heard that drinking a lot of water can help flush out your system and improve your skin's health and appearance. Is this true?

I have a daily skin care routine that is helping somewhat, in addition to taking recommended Zinc tablets, but what can I change about my diet that will aid my battle against acne? What works for you?

What exactly are you using on your skin during your skin care routine? Are you using products with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide? I only ask because quite a few years back I had a horrible acne outbreak on my face -- the first that I have ever had in my life -- and it turned out it was the salicylic acid that was causing it. I discovered that fact when I went a few days without using any of the products that had it and my acne started to clear. Now I just wash my face with an antibacterial bar and I haven't had an acne problem since.
    Yeah, the role of soaps and other products can be important when it comes to acne. I know people who have switched from using commercial soap (which usually has a lot of extra "stuff") to homemade soap and that has made a significant difference in their acne.

• Holly_Wood_888
    Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    They say that what happens on the outside of our bodies is a reflection of whats happening on the inside ... Surprisingly , I had my first acne outbreak at the age of 28 and it was horrible... For me it was hormonal - they put me on birth control and it cleared up... Diet Wise I would recommend cutting out refined sugar and cutting dairy couldnt hurt as well.

Also watch out for Aspartame! It can make people break out - especially with 'bacne'
  • Charger2016
    Charger2016 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've eliminated all dairy (except for a smidgen smeared on toast occasionally and a drop or two in my tea/coffee), I'm also drinking three glasses of water a day minimum. As far as what I'm using on my skin, I use an exfoliating face wash once a week (Bionike Acteen) and a Garnier Refreshing Toner and Garnier 24h sppt-fighting moisturizer.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I see a dermatologist q few times a year and that works for me. If you have insurance that may be an option for you. He tells me water is great for your skin in general. When you get dehydrated you skin becomes dry. There's different types of ance though which can make it hard to treat with OTC products