Options
13»

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I typically pre log breakfast and lunch since that has been packed the night before. The rest I log as I go.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    becknomad wrote: »
    I'm curious when people log their foods. I'm logging throughout the day and it just struck me that this might contribute to counting calorie burn-out which I've experienced before...Do most people plan what they are eating every day in advance and only log once a day? I am making meals by the seat of my pants and when I'm tired and hungry at dinner time I'm not doing the best job measuring. Do most people know what they are having for dinner tonight? ;)

I log as I eat mostly, usually at lunch though I know what is for dinner and I prelog it and whatever snacks Im likely to have.
  • WigglexWigglexWiggle
    WigglexWigglexWiggle Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I usually log midday. By then I've had breakfast and probably have made or eaten lunch and can safely assume my dinner. I do a final log to fix amounts that were logged inaccurately or if I ate something I didn't plan on.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I'm not currently tracking my food, but when I did I would prelog breakfast and lunch. Then track as I ate something after that.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I log my food at night so I can pack my am snack and lunch for the next day and make sure everything is in balance. If I happen to have something I don't plan I log it at the time but that is kind of a minefield for me so I try not to do that very often.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I start my day by planning what I'm going to eat, logging it, and then stick to it. It helps :)
  • avonarlene86
    avonarlene86 Posts: 23 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If I'm at home (4 days a week) I tend to have an idea of what I'll eat and log asI go. When I work the other 3 days, it's an 12hr day, I leave at 6am and get home around 6.30 so if I don't pre-log those days, I would totally overeat. I tend to have the same things for breakfast, smoothie &yogurt at 6.30am and porridge aroun 9.30am, soup & salad for lunch, and dinner I make and log as I go. I make sure I have plenty of snacks logged for work days to keep me going, low cal jelly, popcorn, fruit, etc.
  • cadpro78
    cadpro78 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I tend to log meals and exercise once a day if I can. The rest of the day is spent burning cal...
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    prepping days never work out to be the same day for me ... I log in the morning and afternoon on work breaks and then log after dinner. (Dinner is usually the meal I don't have pre planned). I always have Breakfast and Lunch prepped.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I log as I prep food. Keeps me honest and doesn't make me feel stifled.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,029 Member
    Options
    I mostly log as I am preparing a meal. I don't plan meals far enough in advance to pre-log everything. I haven't experienced burn out.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i log it just before or during the time i eat it and make the necessary adjustments throughout the day.
  • akerra27
    akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Prelog everytime then as the day goes by tweak things if need be ex. like I have a miniature mound don't do all my creamer etc. Little stuff that..
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    becknomad wrote: »
    I'm curious when people log their foods. I'm logging throughout the day and it just struck me that this might contribute to counting calorie burn-out which I've experienced before...Do most people plan what they are eating every day in advance and only log once a day? I am making meals by the seat of my pants and when I'm tired and hungry at dinner time I'm not doing the best job measuring. Do most people know what they are having for dinner tonight? ;)

I log as I eat mostly, usually at lunch though I know what is for dinner and I prelog it and whatever snacks Im likely to have.

I prelog the whole week if there are any changes I can see how it effects my weekly allowance.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I prelog on work days, though if I'm not sure what I'm doing for dinner, I'll put in a bunch of quick calories as a place holder so I can see what else will fit in my day.
    I usually exercise first thing in the morning so that helps too, as I can adjust what I'm adding into my lunch, snacks or dinner if I have more cals to eat.
    On weekends I often log as I eat, but I still make a mental log of what's coming up so I can balance things out over the day.

But, I will add that I don't consider pre-logging to be set in stone. Today I had most of my meals logged but was out at lunchtime and got a very delicious bibimbap at the food hall instead of waiting to get back to my packed lunch. That means that I'll eat my pre-planned lunch tomorrow and drop out a snack this afternoon, and perhaps tweak dinner a little bit if needed.
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I log in the morning. I pretty much always eat the same breakfast and most of the stuff I have for lunch is either saved in recent, meals, or recipes. Most of my dinners are saved as recipes. I pre-log them to give me an idea of what I'm working with for the day, then as I'm cooking I weigh everything and update the recipe.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I pre-log on the night before, then as the day goes by I correct the measurements when I'm making whatever meal I'm having.
    Pre-logging definitely helps me stay within my calorie limit.

This is what I do as well.

If I'm going out, it's really helpful to find the menu online and have an idea of what I'd like to order, I pre log it and then even if I'm over, it's easier for me to plan my day and week around it. I bought my tickets to Star Wars 2 months in advance, went into my diary and logged my popcorn and soda treat for that day.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I pre log breakfast and lunch, because I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch during the work week. Sunday "Meal Prep'er"