Combining dieting and smoke cessation ?

Options
What experience do people have of dieting and stopping smoking at the same time ?

I started dieting (more accurately healthy eating) 5 weeks ago and stopped smoking a week ago (from 30 a day). I am finding it relatively eating to not smoke (much easier than when I tried before) and this is surprising me. I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that I am thinking about food so much of the time!

Replies

• beaky1980
    beaky1980 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Well, I quit smoking last year on July 2nd, the day we left to go camping with my boyfriend's family. None of them smoke, so that was easy. I didn't watch what I ate the 2 weeks we were gone. When we came back I started logging and really paying attention to what I was eating. Since then I've lost 46 lbs. The first few weeks after we were home from camping the quitting smoking part was very hard since I was back in my regular environment. It just got easier and easier though. I've been smoke free for just over a year now. I love that I can run!!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

It could be that making a commitment to consciously, mindfully eating is good for everything about you, or it sounds like your body is just ready for it.

Please stick with it. Both these things will help you feel so much better.
  • Flowerbaby2
    Flowerbaby2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am really feeling more empowered from the healthy eating and am really wanting to quite smoking as those are my two addiction,food and cigs.I am 41 lbs down but still have 90 to go.Its just 1 more way of being free.I do want to line up a quite buddy or find a place I can vent.Id appreciate it if someone could put me on their friend list as that seems a little faster to get to.Anyway This app and the folks on it have been pretty awesome.Thanks for your consideration