What Creative Measures Have You Used to Maintain Your Weight Loss Goals?

Options
hope516
hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
edited April 2016 in Motivation and Support
This morning I ran out of the house and did not have time to weigh my grapefruit, so I used the postage scale at work to weigh it and figure out the calories. :p

What creative measures have you used to maintain your weight loss goals?

Replies

• distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I used The Bible, The Book of Mormon, an iron, and an iPod dock for weights when I was stuck in a hotel room and had started a workout video before I realized it required dumbbells. They weren't as heavy as I really needed, but they worked better than nothing!
  • hope516
    Options
    lol...i did that last night with a jug of liquid detergent.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I have zero creativity (although I've used the postage scale at work too to weigh my fruit occasionally!) so I lean more towards making habits because I can be quite lazy. So, I keep a packed gym bag in my truck at all times so I have no excuse to not go to the gym and I keep a few staples in my office fridge (such as salad dressing that I like and protein shakes) because if I'm too lazy to pack my lunch I still have healthy options. I can pick up a salad from anywhere and use my own dressing so I know the calorie content better.

Interested to hear creative ideas from others, though!
  • hope516
    Options
    I do that too. Making sure your stocked helps to keep you on track at all times. I have at least 3 or 4 premeasured bags of nuts sprinkled around. Keep one in my hand bag at all times, have a pack in my desk at work, a bag in my car, aND use them if I ever get in a pinch.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I have zero creativity (although I've used the postage scale at work too to weigh my fruit occasionally!) so I lean more towards making habits because I can be quite lazy. So, I keep a packed gym bag in my truck at all times so I have no excuse to not go to the gym and I keep a few staples in my office fridge (such as salad dressing that I like and protein shakes) because if I'm too lazy to pack my lunch I still have healthy options. I can pick up a salad from anywhere and use my own dressing so I know the calorie content better.

Interested to hear creative ideas from others, though!

Dude I feel you. I'm another lazy habit person. I actually go to sleep in my gym clothes sometimes so that I can roll out and go, especially if I'm on my period and don't wanna do anything. The dressing thing is brilliant.

As far as getting creative, I've certainly dissected a lot of sandwiches to get to the chunk of (grilled!)chicken inside without ingesting the bread/mayo/etc. This works great at fast-food places so that you don't have to succumb to breaded nuggets. I also make deals with myself, for example, no alcohol on the weekend if I don't work out 4x during the week.
  • heavy_heavy_lowlow
    heavy_heavy_lowlow Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    forgot to write down my run time and calories after doing 4 miles so i did another 4 miles and added onto that haha
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Yes, making deals with yourself! That's a good one. I do that, too. My treat for after a workout is a 12 minute nap in either the tanning bed or the red light therapy bed. I only get that treat if I workout, though.

This may be on-topic as far as "creative": my upper thighs are my trouble spots so last year I got 2 tattoos in that area. Can't let them get flabby now! Plus I just added on to one of the tattoos last week in anticipation for Spring and the upcoming shorts and swimsuit season.