Looking for Insanity partners

Options
14567810»

Replies

• MWGemini
    MWGemini Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey @christinaa21, don't get discouraged! Everybody is out of shape to some degree, and those programs (if we're still talking just about Insanity and/or P90X) are *hard* programs! They aren't meant to be easy. There's a quote I like: "if it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you". There are tons of days where I didn't want to work out, and on some of them I didn't, but mostly I tried to force myself to do it on those days, and I always felt better once I started. Even if you can't hang with them (and let's be honest, if we're talking about Insanity, there are very few people who can actually hang with those workouts- I struggled with them too), just try your best, and keep at it.

I'm an endurance athlete, so I try to look at it from a long-term perspective. It took me a while to get out of shape, so it's going to take me a while to get back into shape. As long as I can keep making small positive changes in the right direction, eventually I'll get to where I want to go. And if Insanity is too hard to start, at least get into the habit of doing a little exercise every day, even if it just starts as a 30 minute walk or something. Over time, you can make the walks longer, start jogging, then come back to Insanity. Lifestyle changes require replacing unhealthy habits with healthier ones. For me, the hardest habit to break was eating/drinking sugar, but we all struggle with something.
  • billutzman
    billutzman Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Began last week of month 2 with Max Inttervsl Plyo. I thought for sure I had week 4 nailed. But tonight kicked my butt. I hope its because I didnt start until 8:30pm. Figures work is taking full control of my time right now.

I have been putting printouts of P90X3 all over the house, on fridge, on doors, on bathroom mirrors. Teasing major hints for Fathers day gift.
  • cardertaxidermy
    cardertaxidermy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Crazy busy week. So hard fitting these hour long workouts in. 2 more days till rest day. And then only 2 weeks left. I honestly haven't seen the results that I expected but I had lost all the weight I wanted to lose prior to starting insanity. I am sure I have toned some. I guess time will tell with my after pics
  • MWGemini
    Options
    Stick with it! I slacked off my last two weeks because of an injury, but still saw results. What were your goals when you started Insanity?
  • ValkyrieLula
    ValkyrieLula Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity this week. Going a bit off the schedule (I play volleyball one night a week and am out of town this weekend and the next), but super excited to see the results.
  • MWGemini
    Options
    @ValkyrieLula consistency is key, I think. Even if you have to skip a workout for some reason, try to make it up somewhere if you can. Depends on what your goals are too.
  • ValkyrieLula
    ValkyrieLula Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    MWGemini wrote: »
    @ValkyrieLula consistency is key, I think. Even if you have to skip a workout for some reason, try to make it up somewhere if you can. Depends on what your goals are too.

Im planning to pick back up on Sunday when we get home with day 5 (I think). My fiance is joining me on alternating days. So I'm not doing it alone.
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all. I started this week and I'm loving it.
    I did Pure Cardio this morning and burned 405 calories!
    Keep diggin' deep everybody!!!!
  • MWGemini
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Completely unrelated to Insanity, but I recently started using the Athlean-X ab workout app in addition to my P90X workouts, and I'm really liking it so far. The workouts are 6 minutes each, so they are easy to fit in at any point of the day (I do mine in the evenings so I can rest from my morning workouts). That's not to say they are easy workouts- far from it. Every day has new challenging exercises, with example videos to show you what to do and audio prompts to tell you when to do it. Makes it super easy to do the workout.