Stomach turns over after I do situps...

Options
I just started doing sit-ups this week after years of not doing any at all. And when I've completed the work out for sit-ups, my stomach begins to turn over or something. Then it goes away after about 2-3 minutes. Is that just its way of telling me back off or it just don't like this new activity I decided to do....

Replies

• wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Nausea is not really uncommon when you first start doing sit ups. Could be gastric acids being forced back up the esophagus, excess fluid in your stomach or it could be a digestive disorder. I don't have anything in my stomach before doing any abdominal exercise to minimize the possibility of nausea. It could be that you've eaten too soon before the exercise. If it happens all of the time, every time and doesn't go away if you've made sure it isn't one of the other things I've mentioned then you might want to go see your doctor.
  • tdeaux
    tdeaux Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If I have too much liquid in my stomach, happens to me, too.
  • cadpro78
    cadpro78 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Your help is truly noted. This morning was less of a groan (only 5 secs) then I went downstairs to have some breakfast. I will definitely tell my doctor about it if it persist.
  • cadpro78
    cadpro78 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My stomach didn't turn over this morning doing sit ups or at the gym last night working my abs.