Options

Replies

• USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Welcome -
    I am a spry 40.... I' ll be as old as you some day... ha ha ha :laugh:
    age is just a number...
    You will love it here - everyone is great... I have been on MFP for about a month... well 26 days to be exact . my weight has not gone down but my pants feel better - I feel stronger as well....
    You can find that inner skinny girl!!!!
    feel free to add me
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    OLD?!! Bite your tongue!

I am 42 years YOUNG, dammit!
  • EATINGTOLIVE77
    EATINGTOLIVE77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 55 and joined MFP July 2, 2013 and would like to join you on your journey. :smile:
  • dutchk
    dutchk Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    58 here. Video gamer, blues guitarist wannabe, harley driver, and newfound mud runner. Don't know what I'll be when I get "old". My profile is public. What you see is what you're gonna get. Send me a FR. :ohwell:
  • k8n1
    k8n1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is a great start! Add me if you wish!
  • sdesmond2
    sdesmond2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yea for old! I'm old too. And look at you already down 16 pounds. Old people rock! Keep it up!
  • cynthiapick
    cynthiapick Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great attitude, I love it
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    43 is not old!! and if you feel that way, you're in the right place. Lots of positive people and knowledge to get you on the right track to feeling younger. Good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    OMG woman, you are not old! You are a mere baby. And if this old gal can do it, so can you!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    of course u can do it! and your not old!! im old in almost 47 :( but were never to old to be healthy and fit and sexy too!!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    If you are old, I am ancient (62 in September).
    But, the fact is, after being on my new lifestyle of eating for almost 16 months now, I am in better shape now than I was when I was your age. Good for you for not procrastinating for all of the years that I did. I wish MFP was around way back then!
    Best of luck to you!
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I am 43 as well but i have the maturity of a teen-aged boy (although sadly, no longer the libido . . . ).

I lost a bunch of weight and you can too. Being on here is a great first step.
  • trodney1104
    trodney1104 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You, my dear, are not old! :laugh: Old is a state of mind! My grandfather told me that & he was 99 yrs young at the time. Congrats on making the decision to release the skinny girl from within. Mine has been trapped beneath layers of fat for years & she's dying to get out!

Feel free to add me. We can celebrate their release from captivity together! :smile:
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    I am 58 and have a blast.:noway: :laugh: some times it hurts, but it heals up.
  • daisyhead333
    Options
    I am 46 and new to MFP. We aren't really old, but I sure feel it some days. I would love to have new friends on here so add me if you want. I think teamwork works great for motivation. :)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Excuse me? The 60- and 70-somethings around here beg to differ! My mom is 90 and we let her declare herself old grudgingly.
  • BabsinTampa
    BabsinTampa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello.....

Feeling old too. My doctor suggested that I lose a bit of weight due to arthritis issues in legs and lower back. I'm 43 too. My eldest is in college and two other children live at home with me. Married....hubby's trying to be supportive. I wonder when I became middle aged......was in shape and slender most of my life, then 3 years ago I packed on 40+ pounds living in Italy (great food and wine).

I generally enjoy walking and biking....but this heat/humidity in Tampa is killing me. I am committing to early morning exercise to avoid these. We'll see.......
  • PepePants
    PepePants Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yeah, 43 is not old!!! You might feel old and that's probably due to the extra weigh bringing you down. But as you make healthy choices, eat better, move more--my guess is you'll feel younger and younger every day! Good luck to you.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    You are a cute little thing. You have made me feel reallllly old, lol. I have a lot to lose, you can add me if you like. I am old enough to be your mama. :sad: I am still gonna do this though!!
  • casmjones
    casmjones Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 37.sooon to be 38, you are only as old as you feel so get ready to be younger as the weight comes off. Feel free anyone to add me.