Leave Me Alone in the Locker Room!

Options
13»

Replies

• Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Just ignore her. No eye contact, no talking, no reaction. She will go away.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    This is one reason I enjoy being a man. In the men's locker room, if someone makes you awkward, the easy solution? Up the awkward level.

Life Coach: Hey! I noticed you've been putting in hours here. Interest in Shakelology?
    Me: No.
    LC: Come on! They're great, and you'll get gainz!
    Me: No. Thank you.
    LC: Man, I've got a great deal!
    Me starts rubbing the shoulders for LC-person...
    LC: Uh, um...
    Me: You seem tense man... Maybe a hug?
    LC: Uh, I've gotta go!

LC will never speak to me again.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't care what she thought of me...I would definitely speak to management before I inevitably strangled her one morning.

Same here. Or just tell her to her face that you are sorry but you just aren't interested and really need to get your workout done so you can get to work.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    What would you do?

I hate doing it because I am normally a friendly person, but in the gym or on the track I give off the "leave me the F alone" vibe. I only get so much time to workout, and I really WANT to work out, not waste time chit chatting. So I rarely even say hello or even acknowledge others around me. I have had a few old timers try and chat me up and I might engage them for a minute, but I quickly cut it in a nice way. I have only had one person that I just had to say, "Hey, I like talking and all but I am here to workout so gotta go."

So for your sanity...and preservation of your time...be blunt. That is really all the sales pitch health people know anyway, because they are worse than insurance or used cars sales people.

• Brolivia3D
    Brolivia3D Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you want to pull the passive aggressive route, stand there in all your naked pride and glory (maybe with your leg propped up on a bench) and just maintain eye contact. See if you can make her feel really uncomfortable and make her back off that way. Maybe fart a lot if you got the gas ;)

Or, just tell her if she doesn't stop bothering you, you're going to put in a complaint. And then put in a complaint anyways.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    This is one reason I enjoy being a man. In the men's locker room, if someone makes you awkward, the easy solution? Up the awkward level.

Life Coach: Hey! I noticed you've been putting in hours here. Interest in Shakelology?

LOL! I can just imagine asking a certain kind of sweet woman that and she'll be like, "aww, thanks for asking, honey!", accept the shoulder rub and hug start telling me what's got her down :D
  • jfodge
    jfodge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As a business owner i would want to know if someone is annoying my clients. Guaranteed she is doing it to others. I also agree that as someone with celiacs and lots of food allergies i wont take chances with my health. One shake for me. I did my research, like the taste and want people to respect my choices.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

I dunno man, that one could backfire on ya!
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yea you gave her a break I would have politely told her I drink what works for me thanks but no thanks
  • Tamijennelle
    Tamijennelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Id be like, omg lady i do NOT want your shakes, now please stop harassing me or im going to management.

Im pretty sure they have non solicitation rules.