Calories Added Back In Daily Amount For Excercise

Options
TinaPSeger
TinaPSeger Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I have my calories set at a certain amount. When I added my cardio it has now added those calories to my daily allowed. I don't want it to do that because I want my set amount that I have calculated from my BMR. Is there away to set MFP to not add those calories in the daily total? I'm trying to lose weight not eat what I worked off.

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Don't add your cardio?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    TinaPSeger wrote: »
    I have my calories set at a certain amount. When I added my cardio it has now added those calories to my daily allowed. I don't want it to do that because I want my set amount that I have calculated from my BMR. Is there away to set MFP to not add those calories in the daily total? I'm trying to lose weight not eat what I worked off.

If you calculated calories based on your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure)......I'm assuming that's what you meant (not BMR) then over ride the calorie burns MFP gives you to 1.

With TDEE less a %, your exercise is already in there.

They only way to always over ride is part if the Premium ($) version.
  • Cave_Goose
    Cave_Goose Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Don't add your cardio?

Unfortunately, that's about it. I have MFP synced with my Garmin. So I have no choice but to deal with it.

I don't mind the add in. I just don't eat back those calories, but I hate how it jacks with the macro goals.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Don't eat them if you don't want to although MFP is set up so that you will still have a deficit if you eat your exercise calories back. I don't eat them all back only because I am skeptical of the numbers. I'm down 25# since January so it seems to be working.
  • TinaPSeger
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    TinaPSeger wrote: »

If you calculated calories based on your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure)......I'm assuming that's what you meant (not BMR) then over ride the calorie burns MFP gives you to 1.

With TDEE less a %, your exercise is already in there.

They only way to always over ride is part if the Premium ($) version.

Yes that is what I meant. :) I have the premium. Do you know how to override it with Premium? Thanks!
  • TinaPSeger
    edited April 2016
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Don't add your cardio?

I still want the accountability. So I was hoping to be able to put it in without it messing up my calories and macro goals.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    You can set your caloric burn to 1. I see a lot of people do that if they're using their calculated TDEE. Otherwise, why are you tracking your cardio if you don't want to calculate the calories? You can always add the exercise to your log to track what you've done.
  • TinaPSeger
    Options
    True! I didn't think about adding it to my log. I just wanted to write it in for accountability. I'm still new at this and I'm still learning. (: Thank you.