Crossfit for Weight Loss?

Options
Hey Everyone! I'm not so new to MFP, not so new to Crossfit, but looking for new Crossfitting friends to discuss progress and support each other on our weight-loss journeys.

"Weight-loss" is a little bit of a dirty word amongst the Crossfit community and I often feel uncomfortable discussing it with fellow Crossfitters, even my coaches.

Despite the fact that I AM strong (Deadlift PR > 200 lbs) AND fast (can run a sub 9 minute mile)... I am currently 150 lbs, I have a hip circumference of 40 inches, and I'm not happy about it!

Is anyone else experiencing this frustration? Any advice or words of wisdom? Thank you!

Replies

• Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Check out my profile and feel free to friend me. I'm going on a year of CF now and love it. I like posting my WOD workouts and have a number of other CF friends who do the same. It's fun to see what each other are doing since we all have different strengths. I'm not trying to lose weight anymore. I hit my goal last year and now am focussed on getting stronger and building muscle (hard to do eating on a deficit but not impossible) without adding too much extra fat. My wife does CrossFit too, and she just started eating Paleo because she wants to lose weight. I'm eating cleaner, but no paleo. Always looking for new CF friends.