What's your workout?

Options
For a long time I had the same boring work routine.. I.E. Chest and tri's, leg day, a day for cardio and totally hit a plateau and I couldn't figure out how to keep making progress.

Fast forward a year and I now have no set routine and freaking love it. Some days I run, some yoga, crossfit, hikes with a heavy pack, and some days hitting the regular gym. It has kept things fun and all my workouts are killer because my muscles don't adjust to similar movements! What's your favorite workout and why? Also feel free to add me for motivation, support, or someone just to laugh with!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    My trainer programs my lifting routine...it's always 2-3x per week full body of some sort. I'm a cyclist so I cycle a lot. I also like doing some hiking and some swimming in the summer.
  • kwoolfwpfd37
    kwoolfwpfd37 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nice! Cycling is definitely a butt kicker!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I do pole dancing (2-3xs a week), stretching/yoga (throughout the week as needed), and I just added lifting (2x's a week) to my routine last week.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just started Starting Strength. I also run, walk with my baby, do Pilates, crossfit, hike, and rock climb.:-)
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I have been downhill skiing, snowshoeing and hiking all winter with a little at home weight training thrown in. No set schedule or routine, just try to do something everyday. I was hiking yesterday and decided that I'm going to add 25 pounds to my pack, that's how much weight I've lost and the my hikes are getting too easy. I wonder if I'll be able to carry that weight again. ;) I'm lucky to have mountains outside my front door and can easily gain 1000-2500 feet in elevation within 1-3 miles. Good cardio and leg work. My goal is to be able to rock climb again so I'll need to work on upper body more.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    What I do is so boring and uninteresting that I won't describe it in detail. I just work up a sweat and quit.