Keeping the weight on

Options
Hi everyone.
I am trying really hard to put on another stone! I'm currently 8 stone or just under. I'm back counting calories trying to eat as much as I can but the min I get stressed out I don't eat as much and the weight just falls off. Currently working at eating 2450 cal a day which I'm doing but since Iv been eating so much again (last 3 days) I feel so sick constantly bloated and it's really hard to keep eating. Any tips would be fab xx

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Calorie dense foods (fats)
    Shakes are easy to get down
    Move less or et more basically.
    Peanut butter is your friend
    Whole milk is also you friends
    So is pizza....with extra cheese
    Or a burger....with bacon(;
  • xRUiNiURx
    xRUiNiURx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Shakes are by far the best for getting calories in and gaining weight.. Easily gets in around 800 calories so realistically you could meet your goal with just 3 shakes a day. I put banana, blueberries, peanut butter, and protein powder into mine.. You can always use milk for more cals also
  • larsminnaar
    larsminnaar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Like I posted earlier. Have overnight oats for breakfast :) it will kickstart your calories for the day, check my post a bit down the forum for the recipe I use

• shelamy85
    shelamy85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Also pre log your day so you know what you are eating and that you will reach your calorie amount. This will prevent times where its 9pm, you have a million calories left and are getting stressed about to reach the rest.
  • carcarxx94
    carcarxx94 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am around the same weight and eating around the same amount of calories with a very damaged digestive system after a severe eating disorder so I understand your pain. Like others have said - peanut butter and spreads are your friends ! ( around 600-700 calories comes from peanut butter alone each day for me ). I also eat raw nuts in addition. Dried fruit are high cal and dense and easy to put in anhthing . I also drink around 2-3 pints of milk a day. Dark chocolate is great. I also allow myself 'junk food' a day such as biscuits and chocolate. Butter is very high calorie and dense without needing much for the calories. Olive oil, coconut oil.. you can use a lot to fry or bake things in ( stir fries, steak, fry fish, make high calorie muffins, oat bars etc ). Make a batch of high calorie snacks such as high calorie oat bars, truffles, avocado desserts or sauces , trail mix bags etc and freeze them or store them for the week. Think chocolate coated nuts, oat bars with butters, nuts, dried fruit, seeds etc. Add avocado to anything. Cant tolerate food ? Make a shake ! 80g peanut butter or more, 300ml milk, half a banana, some unsweetened cocoa powder , some vanilla extract or honey if you want it sweeter - hundreds of calories already! Think dense, think eating systematically ( at certain times not when you are 'hungry' ) and dont be afraid of any food or nutrient! Good luck !! Also going for a short walk before eating gets my appetite up a little as does thinking about a meal I am going to have for a while before having it to prepare myself - also look up recipes to get your appetite going a little ! X
  • shelamy85
    Options
    That's some really good info thanks Hun. It's really hard work hey ! U sound like ur doing really well xx
  • Phylicia4024
    Phylicia4024 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    shelamy85 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    I am trying really hard to put on another stone! I'm currently 8 stone or just under. I'm back counting calories trying to eat as much as I can but the min I get stressed out I don't eat as much and the weight just falls off. Currently working at eating 2450 cal a day which I'm doing but since Iv been eating so much again (last 3 days) I feel so sick constantly bloated and it's really hard to keep eating. Any tips would be fab xx

I used to be the same way til I started taking a vitamin syrup called Apetamin. Look it up on YouTube. I've been taking it for about a month & let me tell u I eat non stop lol.. now it does make u drowsy the first 3 days.
  • larsminnaar
    larsminnaar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I used to be the same way til I started taking a vitamin syrup called Apetamin. Look it up on YouTube. I've been taking it for about a month & let me tell u I eat non stop lol.. now it does make u drowsy the first 3 days.

Dont use drugs to gain appetite. Just eat more it takes some practice but your body will adapt quickly enough
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

You have made 6 posts total, and each of them advocating for this product, and your username is the website for this product. This is not the place to spam people looking for assistance and a community of like-minded people.
  • shelamy85
    Options
    I have looked at this product but would rather just try and up my eating naturally. Thanks for the responses guys. I'm finding that I'm now starting to find it a bit easier to reach my target.
  • Phylicia4024
    Phylicia4024 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No problem just trying to help out. If I would of discovered this app a little sooner I never would of order the Apetamin. I work so hard daily to achieve my daily calorie goal & its not as hard as I thought. Knowing I'm not the only one struggling to gain or maintain gives me motivation.
  • nikkinyiel
    nikkinyiel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey there.

Just showing some support. Good luck on ur journey :)