New here!

Options
mgookin1
mgookin1 Posts: 72 Member
Hi everyone!
I recently just started my journey here a few days ago, and feel completely lost. I have never counted calories before, and I seem to be doing okay with it so far, But as I randomly read through forums late at night, It makes me start to second guess myself and not sure if I am doing things right.

Am I suppose to be eating the amount of calories recommended plus the calories that I burn?
Do I have to eat the full calories that I am recommended? It says I should have 2200, But I can barely eat 1600, I feel so full.

Replies

• duckpuddle
    duckpuddle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Honestly, Id calculate your TDEE and see what it calculates for your height, age activity etc http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
    MFP Can be a bit generous with calories burned so starting out I wouldnt eat back my calories, or only eat half of what MFP tells you if you feel really hungry.
    Feel free to add me. This is my second whack at this
  • kyleliermann
    kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    mgookin1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    I recently just started my journey here a few days ago, and feel completely lost. I have never counted calories before, and I seem to be doing okay with it so far, But as I randomly read through forums late at night, It makes me start to second guess myself and not sure if I am doing things right.

Am I suppose to be eating the amount of calories recommended plus the calories that I burn?
    Do I have to eat the full calories that I am recommended? It says I should have 2200, But I can barely eat 1600, I feel so full.

Thats up to you I dont add my exercise in here because I dont want to eat the extra calories but I still do track my workouts in bodybuilding.com