Carbs???

Options
So i lost 25 pounds This year mainly ona Very low carb diet But after losing the weight i quit working out and eating right i gained 6 pounds back since than i have been working out and Counting my calories again for about 2 weeks now but what my Qustion is Can i eat alot of Carbs and Still lose fat I Do cardio and Weight lefting if that matter but im having a hard time Putting the carbs down im eating around 150 Garms of Carbs A Day in a calorie defict i weigh 158 pounds if that matter answering my Qustion

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    All you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit. Macros matter to me for satiety. Protein and fat (and fiber) fill me up more than carbs, so I focus on them. I also feel better when I don't eaten certain foods like bread made from flour. (Bread from sprouted grains works better for me.)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I LOVE CARBS. Nom nom nom nom nom.

-24lbs and counting...
  • Beaner63
    Beaner63 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    As long as you are in a calorie deficit, carbs are not a problem.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ive lost almost 90 total and dont worry about carbs at all.

now, watching your calories will often led you to make lower carb choices, because carbs tend to be calorie dense.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    itsflaccoi wrote: »
    So i lost 25 pounds This year mainly ona Very low carb diet But after losing the weight i quit working out and eating right i gained 6 pounds back since than i have been working out and Counting my calories again for about 2 weeks now but what my Qustion is Can i eat alot of Carbs and Still lose fat I Do cardio and Weight lefting if that matter but im having a hard time Putting the carbs down im eating around 150 Garms of Carbs A Day in a calorie defict i weigh 158 pounds if that matter answering my Qustion

150 is NOT a lot. Not by a long shot. I hope you don't think it is.

Can I ask how TALL you are?
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    High carbs here ( most days around 300 or higher) and lost 130 lbs by just creating a deficit.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I am a high carb person. ~200 a day.
    Beans, lentils, brown rice, quinoa, barley, farro, sweet potatoes, even whole wheat pasta.
    Along with greens.
    Losing weight easily.
    Hard part? - leaving junk food alone. Still have my chocolate habit.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Low carb helps with satiety and reducing cravings for some people (myself included). That said, I lost 46 lbs 5ish years ago on MFP just logging food and maintaining a deficit (2 pregnancies are what brought me back--that and the fact that I didn't reach goal before getting pregnant the first time, let alone the second!).
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I've lost significat amount of fat on various diets (not so good at keeping it off over the years.. but that aside) I have calorie counted, done low fat, and currently doing low carb. The only real difference I have found is that low carb helps me feel really full and therefore I take in less calories overall.. The low fat was good for my appetite as I could have unlimited amounts of very low fat food and just weigh the others.. Both have been good for appetite in different ways but it's still calories in the end.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight and my carbs have literally been all over the place. I've only really started paying attention to them recently.
  • MynameisChester
    MynameisChester Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    When you increase your carb intake, do you feel more energized and alert, or did you feel more tired and sluggish?
  • Citycat2015
    Citycat2015 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Everyone is differnt I think but I don't notice carbs changing my energy level. I tend to crave protein when sluggish. If I start my day off with carbs I am starving within an hour but if I start out with protein I make it until lunch. That being said- I eat plenty of carbs and hold nothing against them.
  • alexreyn13
    alexreyn13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's nice seeing posts like this. Why is it though, that people obsess about low carb diets? I see it even on this website, occasionally someone comes in saying "you need to eat low carb to burn fat" then they immediately get debunked by several people.
  • meganpat1310
    meganpat1310 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you want to stay at a healthy weight for the long term go on a high carb low fat vegan lifestyle. Guarantee to satisfy cravings every time and you DONT HAVE TO go into a calorie deficite which will mess up your metabolism. Low carb diets usually end in a crash binge eating and having a yo-yo weight.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    If you want to stay at a healthy weight for the long term go on a high carb low fat vegan lifestyle. Guarantee to satisfy cravings every time and you DONT HAVE TO go into a calorie deficite which will mess up your metabolism. Low carb diets usually end in a crash binge eating and having a yo-yo weight.

Wow. High level of NOPE in this post. So much broscience/scamwoo.

Also, I like my meat, thanks.
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm eating plenty of carbs and I'm losing 1lb/week. I eat a calorie deficit.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

You won't lose weight on a HCLF vegan diet unless you are also in a calorie deficit. HCLF vegan diets don't alert the rules of biology. Ridiculous.