when you feel like giving up you....do what?

Options
2»

Replies

• CatherineElizabeth13
    CatherineElizabeth13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    When I feel demotivated I instinctively gravitate towards the kitchen.
    So now I get all the things I'm tempted to eat and I sit and read the packaging.
    I read all the chemicals, preservatives and finally the nutritional information. Seeing how many nasties are in processed food is a real motivator, because I'm starting to respect my body more than ever and I just don't want to fuel it with food that will give me a sugar crash and mean my workout will suffer.
    For me, hitting my protein goal and keeping my sodium low are important and make me go to bed feeling I've accomplished something.
    So once I've read the packet, 9 times out of 10 I make an informed decision to put it back. Or if I know it will fit into my daily allowance I have a small amount as a treat. Because that's perfectly okay! We all need a bit of a treat.

I suppose you just have to find what works for you!
  • kingrat2014
    kingrat2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Meditation
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you say "Today, I'll walk around the block." and that is where you begin. Every day is a new day to start.... Ultimately, do this for you,

^This
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I, too, watch My 600 lb life, or Fat Doctor, or some similar show. That way I can see what would happen if I gave up and ate whatever and didn't work out.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Go look in the mirror.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Jdavis3111 wrote: »
    what do you do to stay motivated?

Hi
    Just think to myself "Failure is not an option"
    Do I really want to go back to being winded climbing one flight of stairs.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • foxygirl14
    foxygirl14 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I usually feel that way at night when I'm hungry so I just have to go to bed early!