Fitness tracking

Options
I'm trying to figure out of its better to log my running in the Fitbit dashboard or MFP.

Replies

• mochax
    mochax Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same. I've realize mfp add in from Fitbit. It's like it gives you double calories burned when you log it and your Fitbit track it. Weird. I always go and delete it out.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is pretty good at estimating the calories burned from running. You could create an activity log for it on Fitbit (this is different from logging it as it shows you what your tracker picked up for your running). Personally I wouldn't log it.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    mochax wrote: »
    I was wondering the same. I've realize mfp add in from Fitbit. It's like it gives you double calories burned when you log it and your Fitbit track it. Weird. I always go and delete it out.

It doesn't matter and it doesn't end up double counted. After you log an exercise, wait say 5-10 mins and sync your fitbit. Go to your exercise diary and click the " i " next to where it says fitbit calorie adjustment. When the math pulls up you should see under MFP's burn estimate "includes xxx from exercise".

edit: I'd post an example, but for some reason I don't have a Fitbit adjustment this morning.