Hanging out with my husband at...a strip club?

Options
LATeagno
LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
Super ultra random, I know-- but I'm looking for some direction/advice on this.

My husband and I recently talked about going to a strip club together. We were out to dinner downtown at a nice restaurant that's near a famous stip club and he wanted to go there afterward. We ended up not going because we had to pick up our daughter by 10 p.m., but he keeps bringing up going back (apparently he's latched onto this! lol).

I'm super nervous. I've never been to a strip club and my main concern is that I have absolutely no clue how I'll react. My hubby said he wants to watch me get a lap dance, but the thought of one makes me kind of uncomfortable. I told him I'd need (not want-- absolutely, hands down need) to have a few drinks in me before I'd even be able to think about it. I'm pretty sure I'd feel completely awkward and i'd just end up laughing and embarrassing myself. I seriously have no idea how to act at a strip club. Do you smile? Do you talk? Do you stare blankly while puke builds up in your esophagus? Do you touch? Do you not touch? Do you look at all of her bits and parts? Do you attempt not to look at them? I'm seriously freaked out by this.

And then there's the fact that I'm sure my husband would want his own lap dance. That's a whole different ballgame. I admit I have a bit of a jealous streak in me, but I think I'd be OK with it. But again, what am I supposed to do while he's getting his dance? Do I like...watch? Check Facebook on my phone? Log the lap dance experience I just had onto my MFP exercise because I'm pretty sure by the time it's over it'll be as if I'd just run a marathon? Smile and giggle like I'm 10? Plot the ways I'm going to torture the chick for putting her bits and bobs in my hubby's face? Hahaha... no, but seriously. What the heck do you do? I'm super prone to feeling awkward, and this may as well be the most awkward thing ever for me.

Yes, the drinks will help, but I'm pretty sure I'll just end up laughing hysterically out of nervousness and get thrown out or something.

Anyone have any input here? I'm really trying to be supportive in this fantasy of his, and I appreciate that he wants me to go with him and isn't asking to head up there with his work friends or something, but I'm still completely and totally not sure how this is supposed to go down.

PS: If this somehow violates some MFP TOS, well, sorry. ;)

Replies

• GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I applaud you for being so open minded and considerate. Lucky hubby you have there. :) Don't over think it.. just go have some fun. I bet you will wonder why you were so worried. Let us know how it goes ;)
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I would say go if your curious,but don't jump right into the lap dances. Just tip the dancers on the stage and see how you react to that first.
  • LATeagno
    Options
    I would say go if your curious,but don't jump right into the lap dances. Just tip the dancers on the stage and see how you react to that first.

This is a good idea. This way I can kind of watch other people and see how they react. My main concern is that I don't know what to do with myself. LOL. Thanks! :)
  • LATeagno
    Options
    I applaud you for being so open minded and considerate. Lucky hubby you have there. :) Don't over think it.. just go have some fun. I bet you will wonder why you were so worried. Let us know how it goes ;)

Awww thanks. :) I try to be supportive and open, and NOT uptight. :) I just seriously don't know strip club etiquette. :)
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I agree with Poison...just be upfront with hubby and tell him you'll go (if you really want to)---see how it goes from there!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

Solid advice.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Girlllllllllllllllllllllll, just go and have a great time! They don't let you touch, but you surely can look. I love to go to female strip clubs. And a few drinks in your system don't hurt either. Either way, I am sure you'll have a great time. :drinker:
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options

This is a good idea. This way I can kind of watch other people and see how they react. My main concern is that I don't know what to do with myself. LOL. Thanks! :)

its also a good way to see how you will react to a stripper shoving her bits in your husbands face without having to commit to a lap dance that would last longer.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Go. It's fun, but if you're uncomfortable with the lap dance part just save that for the next time (assuming there is a next time).
  • dafoot
    dafoot Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well done for being so open to the idea. Seems you (/your husband?) are putting a lot of pressure on yourself to go even though it seems you don't really want to.

If you have no interest, suggest to hubby he goes with some friends. He's lucky you're so happy with the idea of him going.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    They don't let you touch

You're going to the wrong strip clubs.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You're considerate for wanting to fulfill his wish.

I agree with observe first, but I'd skip the drinks this time around. Save the cals for next time when you might really need them. :smile:
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Whoa. Take like 50 deep breaths. Have drinks. It really will be fine. You're over thinking this to death. Just go, watch what's happening, and when you're ready, just remember no touching. Relax a little and you might even have some fun.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Can this be a double date with another couple you know? I think if I had a female friend there for moral support, I'd be more relaxed and comfortable in that kind of environment. Just a thought!
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    If it was a male lap dancer then sure I'd go for it.
    Me, I'm really not interesting in watching another female shake her bits in my face.
  • tammys_changing
    Options

^^Agreed! You should go at least once. You may surprise yourself and actually have a good time!
    Speaking from past experiences :)
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    After a few drinks you will probably relax and not even think about "etiquette".! You will probably have fin.

However, you do sound a bit uncomfortable so let you husband know this. So go, try to have fun but hopefully he understands if you feel weird in anyway he is okay with just leaving. It is great you are so open for sure. However, if you don't have any real interest don't do anything that makes you feel uncomfy just to please your husband.
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've been in a similar situation - I've been to 3 or 4 strip clubs with my hubby and/or a group of friends. It wasn't awkward at all unless you are uncomfortable with seeing women nude. The women in ALL of the clubs we went to were super cool/nice to me and the other female in our group. We got free lap dances and special attention, which my hubby thought was so entertaining.
    It was a fun time for everyone, and it really wasn't scary or too weird. It's not something I'd do on the regular but for the couple times we went it was interesting to see what goes on. Then again, my hubby really wasn't "into" strip clubs, it was just sort of a novelty to go at the time.
    We got to see some amazing dancers and some of these women are just so flexible - like they are doing gymnastics on the pole, no joke...I went and tipped quite a few of the girls. I also got a chance to chat with a few of them and you'd be surprised, some had PhD's, in college, etc - and then there were some who simply said I have a Corvette payment to pay for. All in all, not a creepy experience.
    Now, the strip club we went to in Tijuana...well, that was creepy as all get out, I don't recommend that! lol
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    First thing to realize, as a woman you will get all kinds of attention at most strip clubs. Girl on girl gets the guys going even if it's a lap dance, so they will focus on you in order to increase their own tips. If you're with a group, it's going to be even more since they will try to get the crowd around you going.

Since you're this nervous before even going in I'd suggest doing something prior to arrival to relax yourself, whether it be pre-gaming or something else. Just relax and try to enjoy yourself. Most strippers are pretty good judges of people's comfort level and personality. It's a learned behavior, and really in their best interest as it helps them make better money. If you're nervous or not feeling it just tell them and they should leave you alone.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I dint think i would in the uk bit were booking vegas next year and i would happily get a dance of a women hahah i plan to go with him he has to experience it some time or the other with me hehe iust ,means he has to book a spa weekend and come with me yayayyy